Auto Club Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Sourcing Analyst
at Auto Club Group
Orlando, FL (Central Florida)
5261 - Purchasing
Through collaboration with national office business units and AAA/CAA clubs determines needs and prepares bid specifications/requirements, solicits bids from suppliers for services and materials, issues requests for proposals, analyzes proposals, creates vendor scorecard, collaborates with AAA Legal, Information Security, and Credit and negotiates with vendors to ensure purchase agreements meet business objectives. Prepares purchase orders, tracks purchases and deliverables. Promotes and markets Purchasing agreements to national office departments and AAA/CAA clubs.
Relationship of Job to Management
This position reports to the Manager, Sourcing and Vendor Compliance
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with National Office business units (primarily Information Technology, Strategic Partnerships & Business Markets, Automotive, and Financial Services) and AAA/CAA clubs to determine best possible supplier, service or equipment to meet required specifications and business needs. Identifies suppliers with the appropriate capabilities, writes specifications, issues RFI’s/RFQ’s/RFP’s (Request for Information, Request for Quote or Request for Proposal), collects and analyzes supplier proposals, prepares cost/value analysis and makes recommendations to key stakeholders. Evaluates supplier quotes and services, collaborates with business units and AAA Legal to better position AAA in negotiating favorable terms and conditions. Collaborates with AAA clubs on an as needed basis to leverage collective buying power. (40%)
- Determines supplier’s capacity and ability to meet quality standards, specifications and delivery schedules; establishes and approves supplier and alternate sources of product and services. Researches and analyzes current market data to support business objectives. (30%)
- Purchases and negotiates products and services with suppliers to include, computer hardware, fixed assets, software and software maintenance, printed material, and consulting services. Investigates incorrect or late orders and initiates corrective action or recommendations for action; negotiates adjustments, credits, returns, specifications and/or price changes. Performs other duties as required (30%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management preferred and at least 7-10 years in Purchasing or Strategic Sourcing. MBA is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and practices; including developing and evaluating requests for proposal/quote, to include comparing and analyzing costs, negotiating and awarding of contracts.
- Ability to make recommendations for the procurement of products and services which meets customer’s requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to present ideas effectively both orally and written.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong creative, innovative and critical thinking skills.
- Thorough knowledge of JD Edwards, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Project, SharePoint and Office 365
Physical Activities of the Position
1. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
2. Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
3. Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment (i.e calculator, copy machine, printer)
4. Frequently communicates with Associates, Vendors, and Clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
Physical Requirements of the Position
1. Sedentary Work-Exerting up to 10lbs of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift , carry, pull, carry or otherwise move objects, including the human body
2. Visual Acuity-Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading
1. None- Not substantially exposed to adverse conditions