Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Government Property Manager
AAR is a leading provider of aviation services to the worldwide commercial aerospace and government/defense industries. AAR combines a close-to-the-customer business model with a broad menu of capabilities to help customers operate more efficiently, lower costs and maintain high levels of quality, safety and service. We are a financially stable, dedicated partner with an enduring commitment to innovation, execution, continuous improvement and customer value. At AAR we are committed to doing it right, and we have built our core values based on that premise.
- Manages contract terms/provisions regarding companies obligations to acquire, control, use, care for, report and dispose of property.
- Interacts with contracting organizations and customers regarding current property system status.
- Performs audits, documents processes and procedures and investigates and reports lost or damaged property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes a property record for AAR, customer, and/or government property by entering property data (e.g., nomenclature, unit price, quantity) into a property tracking system.
- Maintains accountability from initial acquisition to final disposition.
- Develops and implements tools, processes and procedures as required.
- Processes the movement of property by coordinating, preparing and documenting applicable forms to accomplish a change of ownership, accountability or location of property in accordance with applicable government regulations, customer contracts or corporate policy.
- Coordinates the physical inventory of property (cycle counting, sampling, wall to wall, as required) and reconciles results to ensure compliance with FAR 52.245 (and other applicable regulations) and to verify that property records accurately reflect inventory on hand.
- Provides periodic accountability reports to internal and external customers as required (to support corporate (e.g., property tax, depreciation and amortization reporting) and contractual requirements (e.g., DD 1662)
- Performs disposition (such as scrap) of property identified by company, legal or contractual requirements in accordance with procedures.
- Completes all property related activities at completion or termination of contract including disposition of property.
- Ensures all inventory adjustments, liability determinations and title issues are resolved.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Teamwork: works harmoniously with others to get a job done, responds positively to instructions/procedures, and works well with others
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Broad Knowledge of FAR, DFAR
- Specific expertise/prior experience administering FAR 52.245 and related government property management requirements.
- Attention to detail, strong written and oral communication, and good organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Management/Logistics discipline or seven (7) years of equivalent experience with FAR/DFARS compliant government property management processes.
- Approximate travel required: 25%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401(k) savings plan, vacation and personal/sick plan, as well as, opportunities for professional development and growth. Our newly remodeled Wood Dale office also has an on-site cafeteria and fitness center.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply through the career section on www.aarcorp.com.