ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate (2nd Shift)
at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
- Distribution Center
Competitive wages and paid vacation are only the beginning of the incredible list of benefits offered at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits. In addition to a fast-paced environment and a supportive team of dedicated individuals, fulltime team members are eligible for family health insurance, dental and vision plans, long and short-term disability, discounted theme park tickets, tuition reimbursement, a company-match 401k program and more! Join our team today to start an unforgettable journey into the world of wine, spirits, beer and cigars. Opportunity awaits!
For more information, please go to www.abcfws.com/careers
Replenish product that was sent out during the day shift, pick and convey cases of product from bulk locations to setup for the next warehouse day shift by performing the following duties:
- Reads production schedule and store shipping orders or requisitions to determine cases of product to be moved, gathered, or distributed for the next working day.
- Picks and conveys the required cases of product from bulk locations in the distribution center to designated storage areas, to ready for the next warehouse day shift.
- Ensures accurate picks by using a scanner to verify the correct store/location for shipping orders and also scanning product itself to ensure bottles are properly tagged and labeled.
- Accounts for any damages occurred during shift and cleaning any spills or breakages associated with the damaged merchandise or product.
- Assists in maintaining warehouse safety standards such as ensuring pallets are down-stacked properly and aisle guides are turned on for forklift driving safety.
- Sets up and cleans to prepare for next work day, including sweeping/picking up of assigned work areas
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Proven experience in safely operating a forklift or cherry picker (standing forklift).
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and other team members of the organization.
Math Ability: Ability to add and subtract whole numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses: Valid OSHA Licensed or Certified to operate Powered Industrial Trucks (company training provided).
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential duties and functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly exposed to humid conditions while working inside the warehouse.
- The team member is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The team member is frequently exposed to working in high, precarious places (greater than 6ft).
- The team member is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods of time, upwards of 12 hours at a time, and frequently move about throughout the work area or warehouse distribution center.
- Must regularly lift and/or maneuver up to 50 pounds of product, and required to accurately maintain minimum production standards of picking 60-70 cases of product per hour.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms for product or merchandise that may be out of a comfortable distance and use hands to properly handle, finger or feel for any picked product or object.
- A person in this position is occasionally required to communicate to other team members or their supervisor, in regards to work duties, tasks or any potential safety concerns that may arise in their work area or the warehouse distribution center.
- Frequently ascends and descends lift platforms safely to areas of the warehouse sometimes in excess of 6ft or more, using the appropriate protective equipment.
- Frequently required to move, position, and/or rotate themselves in a way to access products and/or objects in the work area or warehouse in harder to reach areas and/or below waist level or above shoulder level.
- A person in this position may occasionally require their sense of smell, in order to identify or distinguish areas where product damage may have taken place, if the product is hidden from plain sight.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include; close vision (at 20 inches or less), distance vision (at 20 feet or more), peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.