ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ABM Industries Inc
The Area Operations Manager is responsible for developing, planning, organizing and cost controlling procedures to ensure compliance with customer specific contract requirements for an assigned account at a local school district. The Area Manager is responsible for performance of services to the customer, and ultimately retention of the customer as a client. Has direct responsibility for supervising custodians for the accounts, staffing all shifts with supervisors and service personnel including hiring and training. It is imperative the Area Operations Manager implements quality control programs, controls inventory for the site, and works with the customer's personnel at the site to address and make an action plan for any service issues. The Area Operations Manager must also perform the following duties personally or through other supervisory personnel; overseeing inspections, quality control, scheduling of periodic work and inventory control of equipment and supplies at the account(s).
• Develop and recommend custodial operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget by controlling all expenses.
• Evaluate and justify supplies, equipment, and purchases as needed.
• Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, and training employees; maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment; develop personal growth opportunities.
• Provide guidance to Account Supervisors on matters related to performance management, staffing/recruitment, training, HR compliance.
• Establish work standards and flow.
• Establish and maintain effective lines of communications with the client and facility personnel to ascertain that their needs and requirements are being met per the contract.
• Demonstrate and promote company culture, values, and management philosophy.
• Maintain quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyze and resolve quality and customer service problems; identify trends; recommend improvements.
• Job duties may be modified at any time.
- High School diploma required. Higher level of education is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience in a service-related field with high customer/client contact.
- Three to five years of custodial, facilities, or other closely related industry experience required.
- Strong service/quality attitude.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines; self-directed.