ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPORTS TURF SUPERVISOR
at ABM Industries Inc
The Crew Leader/Supervisor must possess advanced knowledge of typical sports turf practices, equipment and the
Ability to lead others in the completion of work. The person in this position must be able to get along well with
employees, customers, clients and management and represent ABM in a positive light. The employee will
perform most duties in a combination for outside work and a typical office environment. The noise level in the
office environment is usually quiet; employee will experience noise/vibrations outside. Job requires employee to
perform duties at a company site; working alone and closely with others, in excessive heat & humidity, occasional
cold; with exposure to chemicals, solvents, detergents, cleaners, fumes, smoke, gases; will walk on uneven
surfaces and operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles.
- Maintain excellent customer service and communication skills with employees, clients and management.
- Advanced knowledge of landscape and sports turf methods, practices and equipment.
- Ensures that safety and risk management practices are followed in the performance of all work.
- Utilize labor, materials, supplies and equipment in an efficient manner.
- Organize work to ensure efficient use of resources and to meet work completion deadlines.
- Attend meetings and training seminars.
- Workers’ Compensation: call in accidents to WC provider; follow-up on treatment, return to work status; post-accident drug testing.
- Assists in equipment and supply inventory management.
- Maintains work files and records as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess a valid Class “A” State of Florida Drivers License and have a clean MVR.
- Must pass a drug screening test and ability to legally work in the United States of America. All positions require passing a police background and criminal record check.
- Working knowledge of Basic Excel, Word, internet, etc. is desirable.
- Must be able to work independently and be very self-motivated.
- Must be knowledgeable of landscape and sports turf maintenance operations.
- High degree of familiarity with and ability to use landscape maintenance equipment.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle customer/client concerns.
- Well-organized with good time-management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities within a diverse workforce.
- Assist with preparation of purchase orders.
- Assist with Payroll: verifies hours, vacation time.
- Safety practices to be used when working around or in vehicle traffic.
- Requires the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be flexible and able to adapt to frequent changes in work priorities.
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of ABM’s safety policies and rules. Must be willing to report and/or act on safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such a level as determined by ABM. Must be available and willing to work on a fulltime schedule and must be available and willing to work as needed and determined by ABM as necessary to meet the business needs. This position requires working weekends & holidays, working irregular shifts (starting as early as 5:00 am), and attending evening meetings.
- Must keep immediate Supervisor informed at all times.