Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at ACRT, Inc.
ACRT is currently seeking energetic, entry-level to industry experienced candidates who enjoy working outdoors. Our field positions are ideal for professional-minded individuals with an educational background in forestry, natural resources, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, or related disciplines, and with exposure in these fields or line of work. This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, and working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our foresters perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
- 2-year degree in forestry, environmental studies, or related fields OR 1 years of experience in utility vegetation management
- ISA certification preferred
- Strong tree ID skills required
- Ability to work independently in all weather conditions
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read maps
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented, and able to follow directions
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license required
- Full-time position
- ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
- ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Boot Allowance Program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Employee Referral Program
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required