Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Technician PRN Residential
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
Thedirect service assistant provides client centered care by facilitating,participating and monitoring the treatment activities of clients with substancedisorders or co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders. This is a PRN (as needed) position at ACTS'adult residential treatment program at Drew Park in Tampa, Florida.
Location: Tampa, Florida
- Client Care - Effectively redirects serious behaviors involving risk of physical harm to self or others or the destruction of property; demonstrates positive engagements with clients reinforcing proactive behaviors; avoids coercive interventions from invitations to escalate or enter into conflict around insignificant behaviors.
- Communications - Communicate with supervisor and established chain of command regarding daily operations and/or incidents; document all required information in a clear, legible, timely, concise and accurate manner.
- Relationship - Respects authority; models direct and clear communications with peers, clients and subordinates; culturally aware and respectful of differences; establish a helping relationship with the person receiving services by demonstrating empathy, respect, and genuineness in order to build trust.
- Administrative - Precisely documents events and transaction specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to program operating procedures.
- Technical - Utilizes Agency communication devices and information technology as a business tool; proficient, as required, in the use of Outlook, Datis, Train Caster, KIS and related IT systems and software applications.
- Business Acumen - Adheres to Agency Policy.
- Professional - Behaves ethically;presents a professional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres to Agency scheduling Policy; follows program activity schedules; committed to personal professional development
- Analytical - Assist in gathering information about basic and community living of the person receiving services to be used in the assessment process; implement designated interventions and behavioral management programs.
- Leadership - Seek to participate in effective approaches and training to enhance job skills; seek opportunities to mentor new staff; ability to recognize unsafe behaviors, situations and environments; act to maintain the safety and well-being of persons receiving services, staff and community members.
- High School or GED
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Preferred Attributes: CBHT
Physical / Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying,stooping, speaking, and listening
Incentives and Differentials: Yes
Quality of Work Expected:Level Commensurate withsatisfactory Direct Service performance for position
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessaryto fully meet obligations
Supervision: Position reports to theProgram/Shift Supervisor as directed and does not provide supervision toothers.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Adheres to agency model and documentation foradmissions, treating persons with co-occurring disorders and orientation.Carries out tasks associated with laundry, a clean living environment, andensures safety of clients receiving services.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates a general knowledge of program professional plan, program policies and procedures. Performs and documents pre-admission searches, and informs designated personnel of bruises, etc. and searches clients' property for contraband. Makes frequent rounds of facility to insure adequate safeguards and client safety are maintained. Facilitates/complies with emergency preparedness - monthly mock scenario emergency drills.
- Communicates regularly with clients, co-workers/shift supervisors and others as appropriate, and engages clients to talk about their mental illness and substance misuse. Observes clients for changes in behavior, monitors activities of clients, motivates clients to participate in activities, and also guides and advises clients in their personal adjustment utilizing verbal de-escalation techniques. Interprets the client handbook for clients as needed; applies applicable rules and regulations to clients.
- Assists clients in preparing for court appearances or other outside activities, and implements supportive, psycho-educational and recreational groups. Advises and guides clients on personal hygiene habits. Monitors and tracks compliance with self-administered medication process if instructed. Oversees collection of urine specimen for drug screens and may complete and record vital signs as assigned. Assists clients in gathering/obtaining personal property when discharged.
- Documents individual contacts, daily case notes, incident and injury reports and grievances. Answers phones and provides other administrative support as needed. Builds new case files and breaks down discharged client case files.
- Performs related work as required /assigned.
The omission of specific statements does notpreclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if suchduties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status.