Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counselor PRN Addictions Receiving (JARF)
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This is a professional clinical position in a humanservices agency providing alcohol, drug abuse, mental health or juvenilejustice services. Therapists provide appropriate assessment, therapy anddocumentation. This is a PRN (as needed)position at ACTS' Juvenile Addictions Receiving Facility (JARF) located inTampa, Florida.
Location: Tampa, Florida
- Understanding Behavior - Understands applicable theories of addiction and human behavior; recognizes the risk and resiliency components of the personal, environmental, social and cultural contexts; co-occurring competent; analyzes and distinguishes between the contributing interactions of physical, social, behavioral, psychological and social factors.
- Treatment Knowledge - Versed in science based treatment philosophy, models and practice; incorporates the use of other disciplines, family, social networks and community resources in support of individual recovery; utilizes outcome measures in evaluating performance.
- Application to Practice - Effectively matches client needs to appropriate levels and modalities of care; individualizes strategies and interventions to individual client recovery needs, preferences, readiness, stage of change and unique co-occurring disorder, language, gender and cultural considerations; makes optimum therapeutic use of client crises; incorporates and utilizes pharmaceutic interventions as appropriate; adheres to the fidelity of selected practice models.
- Professional Readiness - Understands and respects diverse cultures and cultural differences; comfortable with and responds to persons with disabilities; evidences personal awareness of strengths, limitations and biases; behaves ethically and adheres to professional standards of conduct; pursues guidance and supervision and continuous professional development opportunities; remains aware of personal and professional limits in knowledge and expertise.
- Technical Capabilities - Proficient in the use of Electronic Health Records; effectively utilizes electronic medium (internet, intranet, phones, etc.) to communicate and stay abreast of changes in the field and political and community environments; thoroughly documents and records professional events/activities.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable of support and benefits available to clients and aggressively works to enable client access to those resources; proficient in the matching and billing of services provided to appropriate fund sources and maintaining audit compliant backup documentation; consistently meets or exceeds established case load size and productivity standards.
- Professional - Offer consultative services and resources; offer collaboration with community institutions and systems; offer techniques for interacting with community systems (e.g., courts, lawyers, schools); capable in methods of clinical supervision, clinical consultation, and clinical teaching; knowledgeable in Self-assessment methodologies; adheres to professional values and codes of ethics.
- Analytical - Increased depth and breadth of practice skills; independent competence with diverse diagnostic groups; ability to adapt core knowledge to unique needs of client and milieu; clear definition of limitations in level of expertise and scope of practice; continued participation in direct practice activities; ongoing motivation for learning from practice experience, commitment to and implementation of continuing professional development; maintenance of highest level of ethical standards for the profession.
- Leadership - Specialization in one or more areas of expertise; expertise in participating in the professional development of colleagues (through mentorship, supervision and other modes of teaching); leadership in developing and expanding intervention strategies; leadership in defining and attending to professional issues; ability to expand the conceptual knowledge of the profession.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or other human services field and one year of professional clinical experience working in a substance abuse, mental health, human services or other relevant setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying,stooping, speaking, and listening
Quality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory Therapist performance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate withlevel necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: This position does not providesupervision to others, and reports to the Program Director.
Scope of Responsibilities: Assess when admitting new clients,provide clinical services, maintain and prepare reports and clinical charts,professionally communicates and provides consultations to parents, agencies andorganizations as needed.
Adheres to regulatory bodies and licensing rules,guidelines and established protocols to carry out all duties required bycontract, licensure, accreditation, and certification relative to agency,program, service assignment and agency designated model for treating personswith co-occurring mental and substance disorders.
- Assesses clients for admission into treatment services and admits new clients, insuring proper documentation and that rules/requirements of program are explained
- Provides clinical services including, but not limited to individual, group and family therapy, assessments, develop, monitor and update treatment plan, and discharge planning, gives consultation to parents, and maintains professional communication with referral sources.
- Observes clients for behavioral changes and progress in treatment and engages clients to talk about their mental illness and substance abuse, communicates empathically with clients regarding addiction, mental illness, medications and recovery, communicates with clients to promote understanding of their illness/illnesses and hope for recovery.
- Conducts face to face interviews with clients to develop individual behavioral health or treatment plans and reviews individual behavioral health treatment plan prior to physician review and authorization.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation, clinical chart of assigned clients and management of records.
- Participates in peer review and provides direction and professional development as appropriate.
- Performs related work as required /assigned.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC: The program includes thefollowing duties and responsibilities for this position:
- Attends court hearings and/or meetings related to position as assigned
- Serves as a leader in clinical function for professional direction
- Provides services including, but not limited to group and family counseling, psychosocial assessments, development of treatment plans and discharge planning. As appropriate, if a client is assessed as needing more intensive therapy than supportive counseling, will insure the individual or family therapy sessions are provided by a master's prepared counselor or licensed practitioner.
- Develops plans, or participates in activities which include services to accomplish habilitation or rehabilitation.
- Provides casework services to assist clients in obtaining social, educational and vocational goals.
- Conducts interviews to assess social, legal, medical, psychosocial and educational needs of client.
- Maintains contact with referral source (Departments of Children and Families, Juvenile Justice, judges, client's family, etc.) regarding client's progress, discharge and aftercare/placement plans.
- Completes required behavioral progress reports and submits to all pertinent parties.
- Motivates clients to participate in treatment and other required activities.
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida.
- Serves as member on other agency committees
- Enter appropriate data in KIS daily for billing Residential
- May attend and serve as advocate for client in court hearings.
- Provides consultative services to community organization groups and staff as assigned.
- Attends clinical, staff and other meetings as required/assigned.
- Completes required paper work for Medicaid eligibility for each client.
- If assigned as Admissions Counselor, may coordinate, schedule and insure case staffing is completed on all clients, may act as liaison with physician for case staffings and carries out special tasks related to admission processes and record documentation/auditing as assigned.
- ACTS as liaison with physician for case staffings.
The omission of specific statementsdoes not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed hereinif such duties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status.