Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Detention Screener Polk JAC
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This is professional intervention work in a JAC setting of a humanservices agency providing alcohol, drug abuse, mental health, juvenile justiceor other services. Duties include spending a majority of time screeningclients for diversion programs. This isa full time position located at ACTS' Polk Juvenile Assessment Center (PJAC)located in Bartow, Florida.
· Understanding Behavior - Understands applicable theoriesof addiction and human behavior; recognizes the risk and resiliency componentsof the personal, environmental, social and cultural contexts; co-occurringcompetent; analyzes and distinguishes between the contributing interactions ofphysical, social, behavioral, psychological and social factors.
· Treatment Knowledge - Versed in sciencebased treatment philosophy, models and practice; incorporates the use of otherdisciplines, family, social networks and community resources in support ofindividual recovery; utilizes outcome measures in evaluating performance.
· Application to Practice - Effectively matchesclient needs to appropriate levels and modalities of care; individualizesstrategies and interventions to individual client recovery needs, preferences,readiness, stage of change and unique co-occurring disorder, language, genderand cultural considerations; makes optimum therapeutic use of client crises;incorporates and utilizes pharmaceutic interventions as appropriate; adheres tothe fidelity of selected practice models.
· Professional Readiness - Understandsand respects diverse cultures and cultural differences; comfortable with andresponds to persons with disabilities; evidences personal awareness ofstrengths, limitations and biases; behaves ethically and adheres toprofessional standards of conduct; pursues guidance and supervision andcontinuous professional development opportunities; remains aware of personaland professional limits in knowledge and expertise.
· Technical Capabilities - Proficient in the useof Electronic Health Records; effectively utilizes electronic medium (internet,intranet, phones, etc.) to communicate and stay abreast of changes in the fieldand political and community environments; thoroughly documents and recordsprofessional events, activities and transactions.
· Business Acumen - Knowledgeable of support and benefitsavailable to clients and aggressively works to enable client access to thoseresources; proficient in the matching and billing of services provided toappropriate fund sources and maintaining audit compliant backup documentation;consistently meets or exceeds established case load size and productivitystandards.
· Professional - Behaves ethically; presents aprofessional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres toagency scheduling policy; follows program activity schedules; committed topersonal professional development.
· Analytical - Establishes a helping relationship withthe person receiving services by demonstrating empathy, respect, andgenuineness in order to build trust; assists in gathering information aboutbasic and community living of the person receiving services to be used in theassessment process.
· Leadership - Seeks to participate in effectiveapproaches and training to enhance job skills; seek opportunities to mentor newstaff; ability to recognize unsafe behaviors, situations, and environments tomaintain the safety and well-being of persons receiving services, staff andcommunity members.
· High School Diploma plus two years of experience working withyouth.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred.
· Must possess a valid Florida Driver's License, industry accepteddriving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by the State ofFlorida.
· All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work whenexpected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in theagency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/requiredtrainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the abilityto communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors,clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, mustfully participate in NAPPI or DJJ PAR (crisis intervention) training and ableto apply same to work setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Sit,stand, walk, lift, and carry
Quality of Work Expected: Levelcommensurate with satisfactory Case Management performance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate withlevel necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: Work is performedunder the direction of the Program Supervisor, Director or Administrator. Thisposition does not provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibility:Conducts interviewsto assess social, legal, medical, psychological and educational needs ofclient; provides casework services to assist clients in obtaining social, educationaland vocational goals. Engages clients totalk and communicates empathically about their addiction or mental illness,medications and recovery to promote understanding of their illness/illnessesand hope for recovery.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
· Ensure that Detention and Diversion Screening Units staff performsrequired DJJ functions (Probation and Community Corrections Handbook andQuality Assurance Standards)
· Ensures accurate documentation and data entry relating to a juvenile'sprocessing within JJIS Determines client's funding sources and completesdocumentation as necessary.
· Complete admission and orientation documentation; may administeror interpret screening/assessment instruments.
· Develops plans, which include services to address needs accordingto assessment.
· Shares in the DJJ schedule for attending detentions hearings onweekends and State holidays
· Attend court hearings and serve as an advocate for clients.
· Perform related work as requested / required.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude managementfrom assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logicalassignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status.