Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Services/Maintenance Technician
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This is routine, manual work performing institutional sanitation/food service/maintenance duties. in a human services agency that provides treatment for substance disorders or co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders.This is a full time position in Tampa, Florida.
Location: Tampa, Florida
Pay: $12.00 an hour
- Communications - Communicate with supervisor and established chain of command regarding daily workflow, operations and/or incidents; document all required information in a clear, legible, timely, concise and accurate manner.
- Relationship ? Establish a helping relationship with program management. Respects authority; models direct and clear communications with peers, clients and subordinates; culturally aware and respectful of differences;
- Administrative - Precisely documents events and transactions specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to program operating procedures.
- Technical - Utilizes Agency communication devices and information technology as a business tool; proficient, as required, in the use of Outlook, Datis, Train Caster, KIS and related IT systems and software applications.
- Business Acumen - Adheres to Agency Policy.
- Professional - Behaves ethically;presents a professional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres to Agency scheduling Policy; follows program activity schedules; committed to personal professional development.
- Analytical - Assist in gathering information about basic and community living of maintenance or food services needed.
- Leadership - Seek to participate in effective approaches and training to enhance job skills; seek opportunities to mentor new staff; ability to recognize unsafe behaviors, situations, and environments to maintain the safety and well-being of persons receiving services, staff and community members.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience in building maintenance work
All ACTS, Inc.employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency?s Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying
Quality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory environmental services performance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: The work is performed under the supervision of the Facility Manager and/or Program Supervisor or Director. This position does not provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibilities:Sanitization, cleaning, and general upkeep of living and food areas, including some duties with food service. Basic maintenance tasks.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Aides in the serving of food.
- Sweeps and .mops floors and vacuums carpets.
- Properly sanitizes all horizontal and vertical surfaces (bathroom fixtures,venetian blinds, floor mats, doors and frames of doors, windows and frames of windows, walls, behind and under furniture and appliances, under and around floor mats).
- Safely sanitizes all high areas with care (exterior surfaces of all vents, pipes, light covers, corners, and ceiling areas).
- Disposes of general waste, empties and sanitizes trash cans and ash urns.
- Takes bio-hazardous waste to designated holding areas.
- Sanitizes refrigerators, all furniture and other areas as assigned.
- Observes the premises for needed upkeep/repairs and follows up as directed.
- Maintains basic knowledge of and performs basic maintenance and related tasks as needed.
- Insures equipment is maintained and in good working order.
- Performs related work as required / assigned.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- This position pays $12.00 an hour
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida. If required to drive an ACTS' vehicle, must maintain drivers' license and history as listed above and participate in all transportation-related training activities, including on-the-road driving test relative to appropriate and safe operation of motor vehicles.
- May transport clients to medical facilities, court appearances, recreational activities, and 12-step meetings as applicable
- Assists the campus Facility manager with maintenance needs