Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This is aprofessional clinical position in a human services agency providing alcohol,drug abuse, mental health or juvenile justice services. Licensedtherapists provide appropriate assessment, therapy and documentation. This is a full time position located inTampa, Florida.
Location: Tampa, Florida
- Understanding Behavior - Understands applicable theories of addiction and human behavior; recognizes the risk and resiliency components of the personal, environmental, social and cultural contexts; co-occurring competent; analyzes and distinguishes between the contributing interactions of physical, social, behavioral, psychological and social factors.
- Treatment Knowledge - Versed in science based treatment philosophy, models and practice; incorporates the use of other disciplines, family, social networks and community resources in support of individual recovery; utilizes outcome measures in evaluating performance.
- Application to Practice - Effectively matches client needs to appropriate levels and modalities of care; individualizes strategies and interventions to individual client recovery needs, preferences, readiness, stage of change and unique co-occurring disorder, language, gender and cultural considerations; makes optimum therapeutic use of client crises; incorporates and utilizes pharmaceutic interventions as appropriate; adheres to the fidelity of selected practice models.
- Professional Readiness - Understands and respects diverse cultures and cultural differences; comfortable with and responds to persons with disabilities; evidences personal awareness of strengths, limitations and biases; behaves ethically and adheres to professional standards of conduct; pursues guidance and supervision and continuous professional development opportunities; remains aware of personal and professional limits in knowledge and expertise.
- Technical Capabilities - Proficient in the use of Electronic Health Records; effectively utilizes electronic medium (internet, intranet, phones, etc.) to communicate and stay abreast of changes in the field and political and community environments; thoroughly documents and records professional events/activities.
- Business Acumen - Knowledgeable of support and benefits available to clients and aggressively works to enable client access to those resources; proficient in the matching and billing of services provided to appropriate fund sources and maintaining audit compliant backup documentation; consistently meets or exceeds established case load size and productivity standards.
- Professional - Offer consultative services and resources; offer collaboration with community institutions and systems; offer techniques for interacting with community systems (e.g., courts, lawyers, schools); capable in methods of clinical supervision, clinical consultation, and clinical teaching; knowledgeable in Self-assessment methodologies; adheres to professional values and codes of ethics.
- Analytical - Increased depth and breadth of practice skills; independent competence with diverse diagnostic groups; ability to adapt core knowledge to unique needs of client and milieu; clear definition of limitations in level of expertise and scope of practice; continued participation in direct practice activities; ongoing motivation for learning from practice experience, commitment to and implementation of continuing professional development; maintenance of highest level of ethical standards for the profession.
- Leadership - Specialization in one or more areas of expertise; expertise in participating in the professional development of colleagues (through mentorship, supervision and other modes of teaching); leadership in developing and expanding intervention strategies; leadership in defining and attending to professional issues; ability to expand the conceptual knowledge of the profession.
- Master's degree in social work, counseling, psychology or other human services field and three years of professional clinical work experience.
- Current State of Florida License in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, or a related human services field.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying,stooping, speaking, and listening
Incentives and Differentials: N/A
Quality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory Therapistperformance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meetobligations
Supervision: This position does not provide supervision toothers, and reports to the Program Director.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Assesswhen admitting new clients, provide clinical services, maintain and preparereports and clinical charts, professionally communicates and providesconsultations to parents, agencies and organizations as needed.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Adheresto regulatory bodies and licensing rules, guidelines and established protocolsto carry out all duties required by contract, licensure, accreditation, andcertification relative to agency, program, service assignment and agencydesignated model for treating persons with co-occurring mental and substance disorders.
- Assesses clients for admission into treatment services and admits new clients, insuring proper documentation and that rules/requirements of program are explained
- Provides clinical services including, but not limited to individual, group and family therapy, assessments, develop, monitor and update treatment plan, and discharge planning, gives consultation to parents, and maintains professional communication with referral sources.
- Observes clients for behavioral changes and progress in treatment and engages clients to talk about their mental illness and substance abuse, communicates empathically with clients regarding addiction, mental illness, medications and recovery, communicates with clients to promote understanding of their illness/illnesses and hope for recovery.
- Conducts face to face interviews with clients to develop individual behavioral health or treatment plans and reviews individual behavioral health treatment plan prior to physician review and authorization.
- Responsible for maintaining documentation, clinical chart of assigned clients and management of records.
- Participates in peer review and provides direction and professional development as appropriate.
- Performs related work as required /assigned.
Theomission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigningspecific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment toposition.
ACTS is an EEO/AA DFWP Employer