Advent Software, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Engineer
at Advent Software, Inc.
Join the company ranked #1 on the list of Best Places to Work in Jacksonville. SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for our team in Jacksonville.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a member of the team responsible for the company's SaaS IT operating environment. This includes data centers, hardware, software, and supporting internal and external services.
In the role you will:
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure by working closely with technology teams
- Design and deploy new physical and virtual servers, storage, and networking within data center environments
- Evaluate and recommend new infrastructure technologies
- Act as Infrastructure leader for complex issues that span multiple teams where the research requires expert understanding of multiple technologies and their interaction
- Provide daily operational support and administration of production and non-production environments
- Manage and monitor all systems and infrastructure in our SaaS environment
- Keep network and systems secure and running efficiently
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Author and maintain custom automation to increase system efficiency, quality, and reduce human intervention on any task
- Provide mentoring and technical direction to IT Infrastructure team members
- Participate in the design, engineering, planning, upgrade and maintenance of the hosted Infrastructure
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and perform after-hour maintenance. Don’t worry, this requirement is applied thoughtfully with respect to work-life balance.
- A great attitude and eagerness to push yourself to the next level
- A minimum of 8 years as a systems engineer, architect, or equivalent role
- Highly skilled in scripting and automation with PowerShell
- Excellent understanding of Windows Server operating systems running on Intel based rack and blade servers
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, IIS, and MSSQL
- Expert-level proficiency with VMware or comparable virtualization technology in the data center
- Skilled in troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Experience designing and supporting highly available application infrastructure
- Experience with Linux including performance tuning and troubleshooting in clustered and virtualized environments
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, applications, and systems administration in the data center
- Solid understanding of proper communication and collaboration involving changes, issues, and process
- Experience working in an environment where availability, scalability, security, compliance, process, change management, and documentation are operating imperatives
- An eagerness to learn enough about whatever tools or tricks are needed to get the job done
Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
Experience with Linux network tools and firewall configuration
Experience with hosted/cloud-based solutions
Experience with Cisco UCS
Experience with ISCSI or Fiber Channel SANs.
Experience with management and administration of Cisco Nexus, Juniper SRX, and F5 LTM or equivalent networking technologies
Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts (OSI model) and services with the ability to troubleshoot (DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSL, DHCP, FTP, DFS, routing, switching, firewalls)
Experience with modern software development methodologies, private cloud management, and processes (think continuous integration, version control systems, automated application deployment, IaC, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree in computer related fields, technical certifications related to responsibilities, or equivalent professional experience
At SS&C Advent, you will find a rewarding career where you can thrive at every level. We invest in our employees by offering competitive compensation and benefits, progressive training opportunities, and wellness programs that empower employees to achieve total (physical, financial, social & community) well being. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you will find a strong work-life balance and deep commitment to giving back to the communities where we live and work. Advent’s culture thrives on teamwork and diversity. So, bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent and thrive in your work today!
SS&C Advent is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.