Adventist Midwest Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Technician II – Emergency Center – Winter Garden
at Adventist Midwest Health
Advanced Technician II – Emergency Center – Winter Garden
Florida Hospital Winter Garden seeks to hire an Advanced Technician II who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital Winter Garden is a state-of-the-art emergency facility featuring board-certified physicians trained in the care of both adults and children. The 97,415-square-foot, three-story facility opened in February 2016 across from Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves. It is Florida Hospital's ninth campus in Central Florida. Outpatient imaging, lab, and surgical services, as well as primary care and specialty physician offices, are all available at one convenient location.
Florida Hospital Winter Garden's Emergency Department is a 19-bed, Emergency Department with an innovative 8-bed clinical decision unit that allows for further patient observation. Our ED is fully equipped with state of the art equipment to care for all medical and surgical emergencies, for patients of all ages. This facility is staffed with board-certified Emergency Physicians and a team of experienced and highly-trained Registered Nurses.
3/12's; 7am – 7pm
The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the Florida Hospital corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Completion of a paramedic program, LPN (if hired prior to 3/31/14), or registered nurse program
- Trauma Nurse Care Course (TNCC) (preferred)
- Monitor Tech cross-training (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Valid Florida State Licensure as a Paramedic OR
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (if hired prior to 03/31/14) OR
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability – up to 120 days) OR
- Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License – up to 90 days)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course ENPC (not applicable to 5490, 6162, 6780 and 7500 Adults only transport)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Attaches 12 lead EKG's and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring, and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
- Inserts peripheral IV's, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
- Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
- Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams; i.e. set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc. Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You (AIDET), keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- Maintains (room and work area organization and stocking levels) per 5 S principles. Maintains rooms and work area cleanliness.
- Performs accurate order entry. Manages phone calls, notifies physician of all back results, orders diets, etc. Relieves HUC as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
- Paramedic does not: perform skills that according to state and hospital policy are to be perfomed by the RN only, perform assessment, add IV additives to IV fluids, administer any oral, subcutaneous, topical, IM, or IV medications, hang blood components, sign off doctor's orders to give report, change rates of any medicated IVF or maintain an independent patient care assignment.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Advanced Technician II opportunity with Florida Hospital Winter Garden and apply online today.
Advanced Technician II, Advanced Tech, Tech, Winter Garden