AdventHealth Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cardiology Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – East Orlando – Per Diem
at AdventHealth Medical Group
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse – East Orlando – Per Diem
AdventHealth East Orlando seeks to hire an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 293-bed full service community hospital that serves as one of AdventHealth's seven satellite facilities, became part of the AdventHealth system in 1990. At AdventHealth East Orlando, we strive to improve our patients' quality of life through a holistic approach to health care — mind, body and spirit — while remaining at the forefront of medical innovation. During the past ten years, we've invested more than $122 million in facility improvements to serve the growing community. Among the recent additions and openings, we have an expanded emergency room, a center for Medical Simulation and Education, a Children's Emergency Center, a Renovated Cancer Institute, and a new 40-bed inpatient nursing unit. The hospital is also home to the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute at East Orlando as well as a comprehensive urology program.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) provides comprehensive primary care services, acute care services, and extended care services in the area of nursing and medicine for individuals and their families as outlined in the Collaborative Practice Agreement. The APRN has prescriptive authority in the State of Florida under a practice agreement with a supervising physician, which includes ordering, conducting, and interpreting appropriate diagnostic testing. Responsible for identifying patients' alterations in health, assessing response to treatment, communicating appropriate data, implementing nursing intervention, and preparing for potential complications. The APRN supports the clinical operation of the department with primary focus on clinical services. The practitioner will be responsible for coordinating delivery of patient care in collaboration with the physician; adheres to AdventHealth's Corporate Compliance Plan and all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Abilities in the use of specialized equipment used in respective area of practice
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent conflict resolution, and communication skills
- Clinical resource skills
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of tasks and projects
- Excellent organization skills
- Skilled in providing age-appropriate education regarding care management interventions and illness adjustment issues
- Master of Science degree in Nursing
- Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program
- One to five years of experience in respective discipline
- Five years experience in/as Cardiology nursing/nurse practitioner
- Effective comprehension and use of English and Spanish (preferred)
- Computer skills (preferred)
- Teaching/precepting experience (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- ACLS, CPR, and/or NRP, or BLS, as required by area of practice
- Current, valid State of Florida Board of Nursing Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license
- Prescriptive authority for the State of Florida
- National Nurse Practitioner certification by either:
- the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
- the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), unless grandfathered under certificate-based program
- Until fully credentialed, as appropriate by discipline, APRN can only work as rounding nurse
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths's core Values of Integrity, Compassion,Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork” should become “Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it
- Performs complex assessments of patients' health status through physical exam reviews, patient histories, diagnostic tests and procedures, and reviews lab results and other critical data; collaborates with interdisciplinary teams. Initiates orders for medications, laboratory, and other diagnostic testing and medical treatments on appropriate forms. Facilitates optimal length of stay and appropriate utilization of Hospital resources; facilitates efficient and comprehensive discharge planning. Promotes inpatient throughput.
- Navigates a diagnosed patient from the diagnostic phase through the treatment and follow-up phases, assuring patient has appropriate/timely medical/supportive services. Diagnoses acute and chronic conditions affecting all organs systems. Effectively communicates treatment plans and/or procedures to patients/families through teaching and counseling, as needed.
- Prescribes interventions and performs therapeutic measures to ensure the appropriate individualized plan of care is implemented. Applies knowledge of age-specific needs i.e.: pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients related to plan of care interventions and patients' responses to care. Identifies patients' knowledge deficits and contributes to education.
- Coordinates treatment plans with other caregivers. Facilitates discharge of patients in clinical area of specialization.
- Writes and/or dictates progress notes, procedure notes, histories, physical examinations, and transfers/discharge summaries in accordance with medical policies.
- Handles on-call responsibilities, as scheduled by the department. Readily available for emergency evaluation and stabilization of patients, as needed.
- IF IN EAST ORLANDO NURSING ADMINISTRATION OR EAST STRATEGIC INITIATIVES, ALSO:
- Cardiology APRN, with appropriate training and education, supervises stress testing, with a physician available to assist in emergency, as per medical staff guidelines and national recommendations.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse opportunity with AdventHealth East Orlando and apply online today.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse, RN, East Orlando