Adventist Midwest Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
EEG Tech I – Neurodiagnostics - Orlando - Nights – Weekends
at Adventist Midwest Health
EEG Tech I – Neurodiagnostics - Orlando - Nights - Weekends
Orlando seeks to hire an EEG Tech I who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
Considered among the country's best for neurology and neurosurgery, Florida Hospital's Neuroscience Institute specializes in the early detection and treatment of brain, spinal, and central nervous system diseases and disorders – including Parkinson's disease, strokes, and brain tumors. The Neuroscience Institute at Florida Hospital has grown to become one of the most comprehensive institutes in the nation, treating more neuroscience patients than any other hospital in the nation. Using state-of-the-art treatments such as Interventional Neuroradiology, artificial spinal discs, and Gamma Knife® radiosurgery, our neurologists and neurosurgeons perform more neurosurgeries and treat more stroke patients than any other hospital in the state.
6pm – 6am; Fri - Sun, 3/12s
*$1,500 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
Performs quality EEG recordings. Has the ability to scan and correlate study information. Facilitates all aspects of study completion and reporting. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures. Teaches and directs the work of other staff and students as required. Participates in the Florida Hospital performance improvement program. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of EEG procedures and equipment.
- Ability to observe EEG tracings and respond appropriately to seizure activity.
- Ability to recognize artifact and reapply or replace appropriate electrode(s).
- Ability to function independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft® Office applications (Preferred)
- Minimum one year EEG experience or graduation from an EEG school.
- EEG experience on Nihon Kohden software. (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- ABRET registration (Preferred)
- BLS (Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Patient Care Responsibilities
- Performs quality recordings by collecting pertinent patient history information, properly preparing the patient using age specific criteria, conducting the examination, and preparing the recording for physician interpretation.
- Utilizes appropriate activation procedures.
- Informs the supervisor and/or the physician of changes in the patient's condition or abnormalities on the recording.
- Maintains supplies and equipment for patient care and maintains an orderly and efficient system for storage and retrieval of patient information.
- Archives studies, copies to appropriate storage device, and troubleshoots equipment issues.
- Accepts call coverage as required.
- Quality Assurance
- Accurately documents, posts, and charges for procedures to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Actively supports and participates in department and hospital quality improvement initiatives as directed.
- Participates in process or performance improvement team, and proactively initiates process improvement ideas
- Maintains quality of recording scores within established guidelines.
- Safety and the Environment of Care
- Adheres to hospital infection control and safety standards.
- Ensures equipment is in good working condition and initiates appropriate contacts when repairs are required.
- Customer Service
- Displays a caring and courteous attitude and goes above and beyond department expectations.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all customers.
- Maintains the confidentiality of employees, patients, administration, and medical staff information with no infractions.
- Receives and gives report clearly to communicate patient care information to provide optimal care.
- Keeps supervisor informed and seeks assistance and direction from appropriate individuals when confronted with unfamiliar procedures and techniques, before implementing them, to ensure deliverance of safe and effective patient care.
- Communicates and collaborates with multidisciplinary team to ensure high quality patient care.
- Communicates with patients and family members appropriate to age and instructs them in techniques to optimize their care in the hospital, as well as after discharge.
- Receives assignments, instructions, and guidance from supervisor and is compliant with supervisor special requests as situations dictate.
- Meeting Attendance
- Attends monthly staff meetings and other meetings, as requested.
- Professional Standards and Ethics
- Refuses to participate in unethical procedures and assumes the responsibility of informing the appropriate authority of noted incompetence or unethical behavior.
- Resource Management
- Plans and manages time appropriately.
- Is sensitive to cost containment measures and conserves hospital supplies, equipment, and resources.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the EEG Tech I opportunity with Orlando and apply online today.
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
EEG, Tech, Orlando