Adventist Midwest Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Massage Therapist - Rehab Wellness and Massage - Orlando – On Call
at Adventist Midwest Health
Massage Therapist - Rehab Wellness and Massage - Orlando – Per Diem
Orlando seeks to hire Massage Therapist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
10p – 3a / Varies
Provides direct and indirect massage services to specific age groups in the outpatient sports medicine and rehab setting. M-TH 2pm- 6pm. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and according bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation Department.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- CPR Certificate
- Up to date with industry standards and techniques.
- Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows
- More than 1 year providing massage therapy in a licensed environment.
- Experience in relaxation, deep tissue, and chair massage
- More than 2 years providing massage therapy in a hospital based and/or sports medicine environment. (preferred)
- Experience in medical massage, neuromuscular, myofascial, reflexology, sports massage, prenatal massage (preferred)
- Licensed in the State of Florida as a Massage Therapist
- Nationally certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, (NCTMB) (preferred)
- Specialty certification in at least 1 area of massage (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes implements and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payor guidelines.
- Charges patients accurately and timely according to insurance guidelines.
- Provides appropriate documentation of all proceedings to ensure program quality and meet hospital and department standards. Also records additional pertinent information such as medical history in notes and other appropriate forms at time of occurrence.
- Maintains area specific productivity standards and when available market the massage program in the hospital, the community and medical personnel as indicated.
- Monitor and communicate supplies needed for job tasks to designated person. Maintains professional and functional work environment by keeping equipment and work areas clean, appropriately stocked and orderly.
- When available and as required, assists with business office and tech job description “Duties and Responsibilities section.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development for the following groups by assessing, treating educating, and communicating for age specific factors. Pediatric (5 < 12 yrs), Adolescent (12 < 18 yrs), Adult (18 < 65 yrs) and Geriatric (65 yrs).
- Complies with FH Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payors as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Massage Therapist opportunity with Florida Hospital and apply online today.
Massage Therapist, Massage, Therapy