AdventHealth Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Supervisor @ AHMG Internal Medicine at Winter Park Howell Branch cc2640
at AdventHealth Medical Group
AdventHealth Medical Group is a coalition of nearly 2,000 physicians, residents, fellows and faculty members. This comprehensive network spans 9 states - offering you an unparalleled continuum of care across the country. From primary care doctors to pediatricians and surgical specialists, we have physicians for every age and every stage of life. From the Rocky Mountains to the Florida Coast, AdventHealth Medical Group offers you consistent, collaborative and compassionate health care.
The Office Supervisor, under the direction of the Practice Manager, Practice Administrator, Associate Director, or Director, is responsible for the overall success of one or more assigned medical practices at one or more locations with one or more providers. This position provides the leadership, direction, administration and coordination of all medical office activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the daily operations of usually one (1) practice and coordinates the work activities and schedules of only a few staff.
- Leads office staff team by hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and implementing the progressive discipline policy when necessary.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with all staff and providers regarding policies, procedures, forms, changes, and requirements.
- Ensures all staff adheres to compliance regulations, AHMG policies and procedures particularly in the areas of data entry, insurance, licensing, timekeeping.
- Monitors staff's time and attendance and performs adjustments prior to payroll deadline. Tracks and reports providers' paid leave and continuing medical education according to contract.
- Ensures employees are engaged, appreciated and encouraged by sharing survey data, creating action plans and making progress on the action plans.
- Responsible for leading the staff to provide excellent patient experience; develop and implement initiatives to continuously enhance the patient experience.
- Responsible for financial management of office including ensuring cash control, bank reconciliations and deposits, and payment authorization vouchers.
- Maintains and compiles statistics and other records for reporting purposes. Manages the appropriate documentation within the office's designated system to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Oversees current inventory of medical, pharmaceutical, and administrative supplies.
- Coordinates the smooth operations of front and back office through consistent and appropriate communications and relationship building.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of medical technology and terminology
- Knowledge of front office tasks and systems
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
- Skilled in customer service
- Skilled in interpersonal, oral, and written communication
- Skilled in organization as demonstrated by the ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with members of different teams
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree and zero (0) year healthcare experience, or
- Associate degree and one (1) year healthcare experience, or
- High school degree (or equivalent) and two (2) years healthcare experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associate's degree or higher in Health or Business Administration
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM)
We hope you are interested to develop your healthcare career in our dynamic faith based organization. Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Our employees are welcomed to join our Spiritual Ambassador Program which highlights our dedication to each other and our community.
A Spiritual Ambassador is one who: Loves & Cares, Prays & Listens, Comforts & Supports and Encourages & Smiles.
While living our mission, Spiritual Ambassadors create a culture of caring within our practices through various activities. They minister to co-workers and patients, helping them experience trust, belonging and hope.
AHMG Recruitment Team is here to support your career search and goals. Together, we can explore the many opportunities that fit your life. We offer excellent working conditions that help you maintain a positive attitude and work/life balance. We value wellness of mind, body and spirit of all our employees.
Our competitive benefits cover:
Health and Wellness:
- Health, Dental, and Vision
- Life, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance
- Cancer and Specified Diseases Plan
- Paid Days Off
- Creation Health Employee Program
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Wellness Screenings
FINANCIAL Tools and Plans:
- Educational Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Direct Deposit
- Credit Union
- Adopt a Family
- Backpacks for Kids
- Mission Trips
- Blood Drives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Various Onsite Services and Amenities
- Spiritual Ambassadors
- Service Awards
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD FOR RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, STATUS WITH REGARD TO PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, OR VETERAN STATUS, AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.