Adventist Midwest Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Patient Area Cleaner - Environmental Services - Celebration - Part Time - 1st Shift
at Adventist Midwest Health
Patient Area Cleaner – Environmental Services – Celebration - Part Time
Advent Health seeks to hire a housekeeper who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Advent Health Celebration Facility Profile:
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Advent Health Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney's planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a “living laboratory” of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
The environmental services department is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of our patient rooms and ancillary areas such as offices, public areas and other hospital departments. Our team follows a ten step cleaning and patient experience process to excel with patient and client engagement.
This is a part time 24 hour a week benefit eligible position, hours are 7:00am – 3:30pm, three days a week, variable days to include working every weekend.
The Patient /Area Cleaner performs daily cleaning using the 10 steps and patient experience process of patient rooms, ancillary areas, restrooms, offices, public areas and corridor. Provides supplies to mentioned areas as appropriate. Maintains areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its member and Advent Health. The Patient/Area Cleaner's job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Also, will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of bio-hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment. Adhere to all policies and procedures set by Advent Health and the department. Actively participate in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to read, to write, to communicate and understand instructions given in English.
· Knowledge of environmental services equipment and chemicals used by the department.
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
Education and Experience Required:
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Demonstrate through behavior Advent Health's core values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy, and Own It.
· Performs cleaning function using the 10 steps process in all assigned areas.
· Performs patient experience function while interacting with patients, visitors and staff.
· Adjusts to staff shortages and covering other assigned areas.
· Maintains high standards set by department team members and Advent Health.
· Monitors and report any equipment issues or shortages.
· Assesses areas of assignment and make any suggestion for improvement to supervisor.
· Properly utilizes personal protective equipment in all aspects of job performance.
· Documents daily assignments completed.
· Utilizes “TeamThroughput/Cerner Bed Management” system to maintain productive flow of beds and patients. Call in and out as required.
· Accesses the medication room for cleaning purposes only. (Will be properly oriented on med room procedures.)
· Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner in relation to age based competencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or director.
Key words: environmental services, janitorial, cleaning, housekeeping