Adventist Midwest Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Practice Manager @ Advanced Pediatric Surgical Specialists cc7240
at Adventist Midwest Health
More than 500 board-certified physicians, 200 Advanced Practice Providers, and 1,500 clinical and support staff in over 40 specialties provide patients with a broad range of medical and surgical services. AHMG operates over 160 offices, providing compassionate, multidisciplinary care to more than one million patients a year. AHMG is a subsidiary of AdventHealth, the largest not-for-profit Protestant health care system in the nation, supporting 43 hospitals in 10 states. In existence since 1994, AHMG (originally known as Florida Physicians Medical Group) has demonstrated consistent growth and stability in an ever-changing health care market.
The Practice Manager, under the direction of the Practice Administrator, Associate Director, Director, or Vice President of Operations, is responsible for the overall success of one or more assigned medical practices at one or more locations with two or more providers. This position provides the strategic leadership for a practice's growth, direction, administration and coordination of all medical office activities except those directly involving professional medical judgment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with leadership and Physicians to develop and implement strategic growth plans including identifying, recommending, and implementing practice needs: staffing, services, equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for financial management of practices including budget collaboration, implementation and management. Responsible for financial management of offices including ensuring cash control, bank reconciliations and deposits, and payment authorization vouchers.
- Manages the daily operations of usually two (2) or more practices and ensures the coordination of the work activities and staff schedules.
- Leads office staff teams with exemplary practices when hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and implementing the progressive discipline policy when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring effective communication with all staff and providers regarding policies, procedures, forms, changes, and requirements.
- Ensures all staff adheres to compliance regulations, AHMG policies and procedures particularly in the areas of data entry, insurance, licensing, timekeeping.
- Ensures that staff's time and attendance are tracked in a timely fashion and that providers' paid leave and continuing medical education credits are tracked according to contract.
- Consistently creates and upholds an engaging environment for all team members by appreciating, caring for and encouraging/developing them. Also, utilize employee engagement survey data, creating action plans and making progress on the action plans.
- Responsible for leading the staff to provide excellent patient experience; develop and implement initiatives to continuously enhance the patient experience.
- Maintains and compiles statistics and other records for reporting purposes. Manages the appropriate documentation within the office's designated system to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Oversees current inventory of medical, pharmaceutical, and administrative supplies.
- Ensures the smooth operations of front and back office through consistent and appropriate communications and relationship building.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of medical technology and terminology
· Knowledge of front office tasks and systems
· Knowledge of organization policies and procedures
· Skilled in customer service
· Skilled in interpersonal, oral, and written communication
· Skilled in organization as demonstrated by the ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines
· Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and other stakeholders/customers.
· Ability to develop and implement strategic planning and management.
· Some experience in finance and accounting skills with regards to the oversight of a departmental budget.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Clinical experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor's degree and one (1) year healthcare experience or AHS Residency program OR
· Associate's degree and two (2) years healthcare experience OR
· High School degree and four (4) years healthcare experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master's in Health, Business Administration or related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM)
Our Practices are as Diverse as our team.
AHMG Recruitment Team is here to support your career search. We recognize your investment in a health care career and we are just as dedicated to your success. Together, we can explore the many opportunities that fit your life. We offer excellent working conditions that help you maintain a positive attitude. We value wellness of mind, body and spirit of all our employees.
Our competitive benefits cover:
Health and Wellness:
-Health, Dental, and Vision
-Life, Disability, and Supplemental Insurance
-Cancer and Specified Diseases Plan
-Paid Days Off
-Creation Health Employee Program
FINANCIAL Tools and Plans:
-Flexible Spending Accounts
-Adopt a Family
-Backpacks for Kids
-Employee Assistance Program
-Various Onsite Services and Amenities
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD FOR RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP, MARITAL STATUS, STATUS WITH REGARD TO PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, OR VETERAN STATUS, AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS, AND IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.