AdventHealth Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Thoracic Surgery - Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, APRN - Celebration, FL
at AdventHealth Medical Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 277324
AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG's advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth's eight campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
Nurse Practitioner, APRN
ADVENTHEALTH MEDICAL GROUP THORACIC SURGERY AT CELEBRATION formerly Center for Advanced Thoracic Surgery
Full Time Position
AdventHealth Celebration Health formerly Florida Hospital Celebration Health
Serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world, AdventHealth Celebration Health is a 237-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit.
AdventHealth Celebration Health is a member of AdventHealth System formerly Adventist Health System, which is an expression of the health ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Serving much of the Southeastern United States, the Caribbean and South America, the Adventist Health System operates 47 hospitals in 10 states, making it the largest Protestant, not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country.
The revolutionary thoracic surgery program is led by Farid Gharagozloo, MD, FACS, board-certified and fellowship-trained thoracic surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive approaches to thoracic, esophageal, gastrointestinal, and lung diseases. Dr. Gharagozloo brings vast thoracic surgical experience and a dedication to continued research for the benefit of both patients and physicians from around the world. As a published expert in advanced robotic-assisted surgery, he has pioneered the use of minimally invasive techniques for many thoracic disorders. The surgical team collaborates with multidisciplinary experts in the field related to lung, chest and esophageal disorders. And under Dr. Gharagozloo's direction, the team provides minimally invasive surgical approaches, ongoing studies and lasting solutions, specializing in the following:
The APRN, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
- Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of adult thoracic surgery patients in the clinic and hospital setting for pre and post-operative patients
- Conditions treated and post-op care include but not limited to: Robotic Surgery for the Lungs and Chest, Minimally invasive treatment for Early Stage Lung Cancer, Experienced Surgical Treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer, Multimodality treatment for Advanced Lung Cancer, Lung Cancer, Surgical intervention and therapies for Esophageal conditions
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, etc.
- Assist Physician with hospital procedures as needed
- Assist patient and family with pre- and post-operative education
- Monitors the patient's course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
- Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
- Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
- Schedule will consist of weekly rotations covering inpatient rounding, consults and follow up of thoracic surgical patients.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, parents and hospital medical staff
- Desire to become part of a multi-disciplinary thoracic surgery program
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as evening and weekend on-call/rounding will be required
- Candidate must be able to successfully pass a third-party background check and pre-employment drug screen
- Master's degree in Nurse Practitioner Studies from an accredited College or University
- Experience in Adult cardiology and/or cardiothoracic surgery
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
- Current, valid Florida APRN license (or eligible)
- Certification through AANP, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification body (or eligible)
- BLS, ACLS certification required