Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Telemetry Technician 2 (Test Technician 2)
at Aerojet Rocketdyne
- Job ID
- Technicians - Other
Aerojet Rocketdyne Coleman Aerospace is looking for an Engineering Technician to perform a variety of tasks related to telemetry engineering. The Telemetry Engineering department is responsible for the design, implementation, testing and operation of telemetry systems for collection of launch vehicle data during ground testing and flight.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented, and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
40% - The Engineering Technician will be responsible for telemetry system testing, modifying equipment; analyzing technical data; database development and data display development.
35% - The Technician will receive data from a launch vehicle during ground testing through a telemetry system for the purpose of real time review by a launch vehicle engineering team for safety of flight.
20% - The Technician will be responsible for processing launch vehicle data from a variety of sources for engineering review and release.
5% - The Technician will interpret wiring diagrams for troubleshooting and ability to understand data flow within a telemetry system.
Requires an Associate's Degree in appropriate discipline and at least 1 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
US Citizenship required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (U.S. Citizenship required). Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Knowledge of computer software and hardware.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of lab test equipment (Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, Frequency Analyzer, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The candidate must be capable of obtaining an FAA Class III medical certificate.
- Able to meet USAF Aerospace physiological standards, satisfactorily complete the associated training and required to participate in launch operations aboard USAF aircraft.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Associate of Science degree in a related discipline and/or equivalent aerospace flight test operations experience.
- RF/Telemetry knowledge.
- Any experience with RF antennas is a plus.
- Computer networking knowledge.
- Electrical/Mechanical skills.
- 1-3 years of Flight Test Operations experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; will occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds; requires occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. Requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.