Agile Defense, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IA Sec Spec II
at Agile Defense, Inc.
Requisition #: IASEC02270
Job Title: IA Sec Spec II
Location: 12249 Science Dr, Orlando, FL 32826
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
Required Certification(s): Department of Defense 8570 IAT Level 2 Certificate (For example, one of the below, or higher)
• CompTIA CSA
• CompTIA Security
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
The PEO STRI IT Service Management (ITSM) contract is an Army support contract located in Orlando, FL that focuses on providing many tiers of IT services to federal employees, contractors, and external supporting agencies engaged in the development of Training, Simulation, and Instrumentation for the U.S. Army in support of today’s Warfighter.
The Information Assurance Engineer position focuses primarily on providing congenial customer service, security, and technical support. This challenging position will require the applicant to support a wide array of technical and security-based activities. Additionally, this position will support a broad scope of other activities from low-level design, product/service support to security-based definition in a fast-paced business environment.
- Audit new and existing information systems and applications to ensure that appropriate controls exist, that processing is efficient and accurate, and that systems procedures are in compliance with the appropriate standards
- Assist in the development, implementation and enforcement of prudent systems security measures for “entire network”
- Assist in providing troubleshooting processes and security methods associated with networked computer environments
- Assist in certification and accreditation efforts utilizing the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Assist in Cybersecurity sustainment activities, to include continuous monitoring strategies of all host, perimeter, application, and database assets
- Conduct security assessment scanning with approved tools, recommend remediation solutions, and reporting as necessary
- Conduct varied compliance and/or vulnerability audits of all systems in accordance with DOD / Army regulations, instructions, guidelines, and local policies
- Review, research, and provide recommendation on remedial action on security-related trouble calls
- Assist on audits as directed by the Lead Security Engineer
- Assist, as directed by the Lead Security Engineer, with incident response investigations
- Assist with monitoring logs, auditing, and the management of system logs
- Complete reports as required
- All other appropriate duties as and when required by management.
- Associate Degree or equivalent related experience
- Department of Defense 8570 IAT Level 2 Certificate (For example, one of the below, or higher)
- CompTIA CSA
- CompTIA Security
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- 5 years of experience in the IT Cyber Security field or in a related area
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Prefer a working knowledge, or ability to learn, the following:
- DoD and Army Cybersecurity Regulations, Directives, Instructions, Manuals, and Best Business Practices
- NIST Computer Security Division Publications and Guidance
- DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Working knowledge of Patch Management / Remediation
- Working knowledge of System and Network Hardening Best Practices
- Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux OS (If stronger in one, ability to pick up the basics in the other)
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Working knowledge of below Information Assurance Tool Suites
- Government Tool Suites
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Host Based Security System (HBSS)
- SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
- DOD STIG Viewer
- Commercial Tool Suites
- Titania Nipper Studio
- Trustwave AppDetective
- Have the ability to work flexible hours
- Very personable as they will be interacting with a wide range of customers in different environments
- Ability to follow instructions and work well with customers required
Standard Office Environment.
Strength Demands: Light – 20 lbs. Maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 10 lbs. A job is light if less lifting is involved but significant walking/standing is done or if done mostly sitting but requires push/pull on arm or leg controls.
- Stand or Sit
- Repetitive Motion
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Talk or Hear
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.