Agile Defense, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Records Manager III
at Agile Defense, Inc.
Requisition #: RECOR02360
Job Title: Records Manager III
Location: 12249 Science Drive, Orlando, FL 32826
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
The PEO STRI IT Service Management (ITSM) contract is an Army support contract located in Orlando, FL that focuses on providing many tiers of IT services to federal employees, contractors, and external supporting agencies engaged in the development of Training, Simulation, and Instrumentation for the U.S. Army in support of today’s Warfighter.
Agile Defense is seeking a Records Manager supporting PEO STRI in the areas of Form Management, Publications Management, Files Management, Document Management and assisting the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) officer with FOIA/Privacy Act (PA) Management.
Duties consist of:
- Develop document and records management policies and processes to support PEO STRI staff and projects.
- Provide training and guidance to staff on all aspects of records management, including best practices
- Provide advice and guidance to records custodians on records management lifecycle requirements and responding to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests within Records Management standards.
- Develop metrics for the records management program and ensure sound information governance and accountability measures are in place
- Coordinate the proper disposition of records consistent with Federal Records Act; Administrative Procedures Act; policies, and procedures; and any other applicable laws, regulations, or guidance
- Develop and conduct periodic records management quality control reviews, compliance audits, process appraisals, and risk assessments and surveys to measure the effectiveness of electronic systems and for general program improvement purposes
- Analyze records management business processes and provide recommendations to improve workflow and create efficiencies with processes, automated tools, systems and technology
- Support for programmatic information and record management needs, such as FOIA and administrative record coordination.
- Develop records repositories
- Provide day-to-day system and user support for the PEO STRI records repositories
- All other appropriate duties as and when required by management
- High school or equivalent
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- 5 years of experience as a Trainer
- 3 years of experience in the IT field or in a related area
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Personable as will be interacting with a wide range of customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of federal records and information management laws (e.g., Federal Records Act, Freedom of Information Act, and Privacy Act), regulations, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and concepts of information governance of various phases of records and information management
- Knowledge of the complete records management process and content management framework that supports the entire life cycle of agency records.
- Knowledge of the technical requirements for digital preservation, including hardware, software, metadata schema and file formats
- Knowledge of electronic records issues, systems analysis, systems development concepts and data storage methods, media, and security
- High-level proficiency with providing customer-oriented support services.
- Experience in developing and providing training to customers that have a diverse knowledge base.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Knowledge for DoD FOIA Program
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint 2013
- Able to live up to the Agile Defense core values
Contractor site with possible off-hours work to support releases and/or VIP troubleshooting issues. Work requires standing and walking up to 15% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Stand or Sit
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Talk or Hear
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.