Agile Defense, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Voice Data Comm Eng I
at Agile Defense, Inc.
Requisition #: VOICE02557
Job Title: Voice Data Comm Eng I
Location: 12249 Science Drive, Orlando, FL 32826
Clearance Level: Active DoD - Secret
High school graduate or equivalent
Department of Defense 8570 IAT Level 1 Certificate (For example, one of the below, or higher)
• A CE
• Network CE
**Selected applicants may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. **
The Telecom Technician position focuses primarily on supporting VoIP services including deployment of phones, troubleshooting, opening help desk tickets and diagnosing/resolving end-user technical issues for hardware and software as quickly as possible either remotely or in-person. Communication with the customer is required while serving customers courteously and efficiently ensuring the highest standards of customer service.
- Duties consist of communicating with and assisting end users to assess/troubleshoot technical issues and open help tickets by obtaining information through multiple methods including phone conversation, voicemails, e-mails, and in-person.
- Will assist with deployment of VoIP phones and sustainment efforts/lifecycle replacement.
- Participate in the technical research and development to enable continuing innovation with the infrastructure.
- Keep knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by embracing personal ownership for new and different requests, exploring technical opportunities which add IT and business value.
- Proactive engagement in areas of responsibility to ensure the highest level of customer service possible.
- All other appropriate duties as and when required by management.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Department of Defense 8570 IAT Level 1 Certificate (For example, one of the below, or higher)
- A CE
- Network CE
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- 3 years of experience in the IT field or in a related area
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with deployment of VoIP phones and troubleshooting capabilities
- Very personable as they will be interacting with a wide range of customers in different environments
- Ability to follow instructions and work well with customers required
- Knowledge of commonly-used Tech Support concepts, practices, and procedures
- Reliable transportation, and a valid driver’s license
- Understand basic network connectivity (Layer-2)
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Have the ability to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of Smart Boards / Projectors
- PC hardware and software troubleshooting experience
- Multi-function printers/deskside printers experience
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Service Manager
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Remote Control
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent Customer Focus/Satisfaction skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team/personnel leadership skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to demonstrate the Agile Defense Core Values: Happy, Helpful, Honest, Humble, Hungry, Hustle
Contractor site with possible off-hours work to support releases and/or VIP troubleshooting issues. Work requires standing and walking up to 50% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are not hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
Medium – 50 lbs. Maximum lifting with frequent lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Stand or Sit
- Use Hands / Fingers to Handle or Feel
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, or Crawl
- Talk or Hear
- Push or Pull
Agile Defense is an Information Technology Solutions provider committed to partnering with our customers to deliver the highest level of service to our customers. We provided Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
Agile Defense has established a solid reputation of partnering with our customers to deliver innovative IT solutions with our “Listen. Think. Innovate.” philosophy.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.