Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Pharmacy Tech | Tamarac, FL
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp, Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Are you tired of per-diem hours at the hospital or maybe looking to get out of retail pharmacy?
Albion's Healthcare Division has a client with a medical practice in Tamarac who is looking to hire a dynamite Certified Pharmacy Tech to join their Oncology practice!
The role of this position is to support the medical personnel who functions under the orders of dispensing practitioners (physicians) within the office. This position is full-time and offers great benefits!
Responsibilities include indirect pharmaceutical patient care, administrative duties, and assisting in the office flow of patients.
Duties of the role include the following:
- Verify orders with MD or RN.
- Performs IV admixture following recommendations of package inserts.
- Follows strict aseptic technique for preparing all medications for patients.
- Uses biomedical safety cabinet (hood) for compounding of all cytotoxic agents and biologicals.
- Labels all medications appropriately with patients name, medication name, dose, and mixing instructions such that RN’s can verify correct medications have been prepared for the right patient.
- Monitors and documents medication refrigerator temperatures.
- Monitors and document pressure reading on all biomedical safety cabinet (hood)
- Disposes of hazardous material according to guidelines established by Stericycle and Clean Fuels.
- Performs decontamination procedures of all areas with the pharmacy.
- Follows OSHA guidelines.
- Enters all appropriate medication information into Nucleus machine. This includes but is not limited to medication identifiers, vial size, dosing information, and location of medication with the secured cabinets of the Nucleus machine.
- Monitors flow of medications and rotates stock.
- Monitors and orders medication as necessary for patient care.
- High school graduate or higher education degree.
- Minimum of three recent years of IV admixture (Chemo a plus)
- Registered and active license with the Florida Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Required.
- Maintains yearly OSHA & HIPPA certification.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.