Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Toxicology Laboratory Assistant Manager
at Albion Staffing
About Albion Staffing Solutions:
Albion has been offering Temp; Contract and Direct Hire Staffing Services for 20-years from offices located throughout South Florida. Offering General Admin/Clerical and Light Industrial staffing services, Albion also specializes in the Logistics, Allied Healthcare and Banking industries.
About this opportunity:
Albion Healthcare Division is looking for a Toxicology Laboratory Assistant Manager. The position will be assisting the Laboratory Manager in all facets of the laboratory operation, but predominantly overseeing medical technologists and maintaining all of the instrumentation. The position ensures effective operation and maintenance of all laboratory equipment, manages the screening and confirmatory testing using AU 680 and LC-MS/MS Agilent 6460. The position ensures that all regulatory requirements are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily specimen prep/sampling.
- Data Reviews.
- Supervise all lab technicians.
- Acts as the technical liaison for sophisticated analytical testing to support high complexity testing. This requires good working/operational knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities of analytical instrumentation such as Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS), Screening, and knowledge of continuous studies to maintain compliance.
- Manage the daily technical operation of the laboratory.
- Trouble shoot / edit / develop methods for LC-MS/MS.
- Maintain open communication with Lab Manager, Admin and upper management when lab results will affect the normal process flow and timing.
- Ensure lab Technicians are following CLIA and COLA and monitor proficiency program for compliance with requirement.
- Ensure lab procedures and methods are consistently delivering accurate results; conduct review of testing done and engage with Lab Manager to ensure accuracy of results.
- Engage with Lab Manager re: testing methodologies and calibration/QC processes.
- 4yr degree, with at least 5 years toxicology experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Strong technical understanding and applied skills of analytical test methods, knowledge of LC/MS-MS, and toxicology
- Experience on Agilent 6460 LC-MS/MS and Mass Hunter software and AU 680 a plus
- Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel Supervisor’s License
Applicants will work in the customer's facility - located in the Miami, FL area.
- Albion uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.