Aleut Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electronic Tech I-Tethered Aerostat Radar System (TARS)-Cudjoe Key, FL
at Aleut Management Services
Tethered Aerostat Radar Systems (TARS)
List of Jobs: Electronics Technician I
Location: Cudjoe Key, FL
Electronics Technician I
- Applies working technical knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks in working on electronic equipment, following detailed instruction which covers virtually all procedures.
- Assists higher level technicians by performing such activities as replacing components, wiring circuits, and taking test readings; repairing simple electronic equipment; and using tools and common test instruments (e.g., multi-meters, audio signal generators, tube testers, oscilloscopes).
- Under supervision, performs corrective and preventive maintenance on the aerostat radar payload, telemetry and control subsystems, power and control subsystems, tether subsystem, meteorological equipment, ground station electronics subsystems, communications subsystems, and site facility electronics as appropriate.
- Assists with all aerostat electronic subsystem pre-flight and post-flight checks and inspections as required.
- May be required to work in special man-lift vehicles.
- Performs routine clerical tasks such as posting and typing requisitions and performs other tasks associated with supply activities.
- Receives, stores and issues equipment, material, supplies, or tools and compiles stock records in stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard.
- Performs and directs activities to fulfill Civil Engineering site tasks related to electrical services and equipment.
- Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisitions or invoices.
- Stores articles according to identifying information.
- Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
- Transports materials or supplies to other departments using hand or industrial equipment and vehicles.
- Performs all required storeroom activities for shipping and receiving including packing and crating services.
- Functions as member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation, launch, recovery, maintenance, and in-flight activities.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
The EEO Statement: AMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AMS expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED: ?
- Personal computer, printer, and other general office equipment.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: ?
- Exterior and interior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather. ?
- Candidates must be willing and able to work various work shifts as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: ?
- Work requires the ability to perform the following physical activities: walking, standing, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting, and squatting.
- Work may require walking, standing, sitting and working in confined spaces or at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to visually distinguish colors
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work from elevated platforms of 8 feet or higher and for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in narrow and confined spaces under elevated temperatures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: ?
- High school or GED Diploma required. ?
- Certifications must be attained/maintained as assigned. ?
- Successfully completed Background Investigation with a Favorable Suitability Determination preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: ?
- 2 years' electrical maintenance and repair experience, preferably focused on radar or sonar systems. ?
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license required. ?
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English fluently. ?
- Must be able to visually distinguish colors. ?
- Proof of U.S. residency required.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: ?
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to show proof of citizenship and residency.