Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alzheimer's Association
This position is responsible for developing, managing and implementing a market program strategy, incorporating volunteers, within the southern counties served by the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. The primary goal of this position is to strategically and significantly expand the reach of Alzheimer's Association programs and services, through the effective utilization of trained volunteer positions, as well as community-based organizations and health system collaborations. Consistent with the Association Strategic Plan, measurable outcomes to include: growth in the recruitment, training and supervision of local program volunteers, consistent with the market strategic plan; an increase in the number of constituents served through volunteer-led community education programs and support groups; and the expansion of community-based education and support programs into underserved communities.
* Increase reach of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs by increasing the number of constituents served.
* Build and expand the number of Alzheimer’s Association Community Educators, Alzheimer’s Association Community Representatives, Support Group Facilitators, and other Program Volunteers to meet and/or exceed the relevant KPI.
* Engage, train and manage relationships with program volunteers to maintain a high level of engagement and longevity in volunteer role.
* Represent the chapter as needed at community events and networking groups.
* Develop new, sustainable community partnerships in an effort to increase awareness and utilization of the 24/7 Helpline, support groups, education programs, and virtual programs.
* Build collaborative partnerships with health systems, community-based organizations, and/or congregations to identify prospective volunteers in hard-to-reach communities.
* Analyze service data to identify gaps in rural service delivery and create opportunities to expand awareness and participation in programs.
* Assure compliance with all Alzheimer’s Association or grant data collection and evaluation initiatives.
* In partnership with chapter development staff, cultivate and recruit supporters for chapter fundraising events like Walk to End Alzheimer's and Longest Day.
* Attend chapter meetings and special events as scheduled.
* Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Human Services, Gerontology, Nursing, Public Health, or related field. Master’s preferred.
* 2 years’ experience in program development/volunteer management.
* Understanding of health education, community program development, strong public speaking skills and adult learning principles.
* Bilingual English/Spanish desirable
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel) and Google; ability to learn program related software
* Demonstrated success in supervision, ideally with a volunteer team, including recruitment, training, engagement, and evaluation.
* Ability to build strong partnerships and increase volunteer-led services
* Demonstrated success working with diverse/underserved populations, volunteers, staff, and external contacts to build and maintain successful partnerships.
* Solid communication skills in person, print, and electronically.
* Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and/or analyze growth opportunities and to develop effective market plans for assigned area of responsibility
* Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once.
* Excellent time management skills.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative.
* Ability to carry up to 25 lbs. of equipment and supplies
* Ability to travel particularly across the service area which includes Manatee, Sarasota, DeSoto, Charlotte, Lee, Glades, Henry and Collier counties.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends in order to meet community needs.