Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical (Marine) Engineer
- Professional Services
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
This contract effort provides technical, logistics, training, administrative and program management in support of the Naval Surface Warfare Center's (NSWC) Propulsion, Power and Diesel Engine Systems - Diesel Maintenance Strategy (DMS) Program. The objective of DMS is to baseline the class maintenance plan by technically validating the diesel Life Cycle Maintenance requirements.
This position is in support of a contract on which we are bidding. All offers will be contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marine or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of experience in the development and technical review of Diesel Engine technical documentation.
- Three (3) years of experience Diesel Maintenance Strategy (DMS) and Diesel Readiness System (DRS) programs.
- Preference will be given to personnel that are USCG Licensed Marine Engineers with sailing experience OR personnel that have experience US Navy diesel system or propulsion plant inspections/assessments.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Government security clearance.
- This position requires that qualified candidates are U.S. citizens.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment, and may include travel to various CONUS and OCONUS Naval facilities and shipyard facilities.
This document is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all job-related activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Due to the nature of the industry, job tasks may be changed as necessary to meet the needs of the customer.
AMTIS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.