Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate - 2nd Shift (2pm-close), Orlando, FL
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
***Starting rate for this position is $13.50/hour, this is for 2nd shift 2pm-close***
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
- Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area
(i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
About Anixter – Who We Are
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Through our unmatched global distribution network along with our supply chain and technical expertise, we help lower the cost, risk and complexity of our customers’ supply chains.
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
- Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from a doctor without leaving your home!
- Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
- 401k with 50% company match up to 5%
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program – Big $$$ for referring great employees!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance programs
- Short and Long Term Disability programs
- Health saving options
(FSA and HSA)
- Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more information.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran