Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Associate (Part Time), Orlando, FL
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a hard day’s work. If you are looking for a great work environment, great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read on!
Pay for this position is $13.50/hour
Position is located at our facility at 3881 Old Winter Garden Road
***THIS POSITION IS PART-TIME***
***As part of the application process, we also require candidates to complete a behavioral assessment - this helps us get to know you a little better! Please click the links below to complete the assessments; each typically only take a few minutes:
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
- Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Maintains condition of work area
(i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience preferred
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment.
- Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes.
- Ability to make repetitive movements, including, but not limited to, bending, or squatting.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60 days
- 401k with 50% company match
- Vacation time and Holiday pay
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program for referring great employees