Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adult Day Program - Behavior Assistant
at Arc Broward
Hiring now exceptional Behavior Assistant to join our team! A successful candidate will perform all expected tasks with maximum accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will provide a stimulating, safe and healthy learning environment as a one-to-one companion for a particular consumer. The Behavior Assistant is responsible for developing learning strategies to meet the varied individual needs of that residents and implement and modeling behavioral strategies for Direct Support Professionals.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Implement behavior measurement procedures as developed by BCBA or BCaBA.
- Identify the essential components of a skill acquisition program and use contingencies of reinforcement.
- Implement discrete trial teaching (DTT) and naturalistic teaching procedures with consumers based on Hab. Plans and BASPs.
- Implement task analyzed, chaining, discrimination training, stimulus control transfer, stimulus fading, prompt and prompt fading, generalization, and maintenance procedures
- Conducts routine audits of training files to ensure accuracy and consistency with Provider Pro.
- Implement differential reinforcement and extinction procedures and crisis/emergency procedures according to policies and procedures.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum one year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities (i.e. Autism, Down-Syndrome)
- Prior experience addressing behavior challenges (i.e. physical aggression)
- Must pass pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen
- ABA 20 hour certification preferred; Required within first 3 months of employment (Paid for and provided by Arc Broward)
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) preferred
- Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
- $12.50 per hour
Arc Broward offers a wide range of benefits for our full time employees. Part time employees are also eligible for some of our benefits after a full year of employment!
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment & paid holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Benefits for Part Time:
- Eligibility for 403b contribution after 1,000 hours of time worked.
- Supplemental insurance benefits including Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Confinement.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities