Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Arc Culinary - General Manager
at Arc Broward
The General Manager position is responsible to oversee all aspects of the Arc Broward’s social enterprise, Arc Culinary. This includes current business lines and operations, contract meal production and catering/banquet affairs, and future business lines and operations consistent with our expansion opportunities. This activity includes exceeding sales and profit goals for the Arc Culinary annually. The position is also responsible for sales, and assists with branding/marketing of the enterprise throughout the South Florida community.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes/manages catering sales activity including banquet events and contract meal production contracts;
- Assists in the implementation of comprehensive marketing and outreach for the Arc Culinary including monitoring marketplace trends, anticipating future business opportunities and participating in the development of effective marketing communications tools.
- Implements recruitment, selection, training and coaching for kitchen and catering sales positions.
- Directs food service operational strategies by analyzing trends, develops the food and beverage business plan; addresses customer concerns; monitors production, quality, and customer service strategies; designs systems and implements change.
- Works in conjunction with the Executive Chef to implement and monitor financial strategies by anticipating food and beverage requirements, trends and variances.
- Develops operational budgets and capital expenditure plans and monitors financial progress.
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environment by enforcing sanitation and quality of food preparation as well as service standards and procedures
- Tracks and understands emerging food and service practices and standards
- Maintains professional networks with industry leaders and partners
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality Culinary Arts or Business Administration or related field
- Minimum seven (7) years experience working with business lines and retail venues including catering, vending and institutional meal production.
- Prior experience handling financial and operational needs
- Knowledgeable in sanitation practices
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to lead and direct a team of varied experience levels
- Flexible with business demands including evenings and weekends
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment & paid holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities.