Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arc Broward
Arc Broward, a well-established accredited, non-profit organization based in Sunrise, FL is currently searching for an exceptional Line Cook to join our growing family.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist the chef with training a small group of individuals to become food service workers.
- Prepare and cook all menu items as required while complying with Arc Broward policies on quality, quantity, sanitation and portion control.
- Help maintain the kitchen and food storage areas in an efficient, clean and organized manner.
- Assist in catering functions in preparation, setup and delivery. In the chef’s absence ability to prepare meals while supervising trainees and other related responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years work experience in the food service industry
- Demonstrate strong culinary skills, understands and has experience with food and beverage activities.
- Interest in working with individuals with diverse backgrounds and/or learning and other types of disabilities or challenges
- Comfortable speaking in front of a small group or audience
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to work as a team and adhere to agency, program policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate respectfully, clearly and effectively with students, colleagues, hospitality and culinary industry professionals
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must pass pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen.
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Diploma from a culinary school preferred
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
* Hours vary during events; must be flexible
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities.