Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Preschool ESE Teacher
at Arc Broward
ARC Broward is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Preschool ESE Teacher in our preschool program for children with developmental disabilities located in Sunrise, FL. This position is for the upcoming school year. As a Preschool ESE Teacher, you are responsible for developing and managing all instructional and developmental activities within the preschool classroom to meet the individual needs and varying levels and interests of each child. You will provide meaningful opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential and achieve their learning objectives. You would be responsible for overseeing classroom dynamics and functioning of all staff within the classroom.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team? Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide a safe, positive, and meaningful educational environment which fosters each child’s growth and independence.
- Provide leadership in the classroom and individualized instruction to children.
- Develop and implement effective Individual Education Plans.
- Collaborate with a team of teaching assistants, therapists, and fellow teachers to support children.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Must have one of the following:
- Florida Certification in Pre-K/Primary (PK-3)
- Florida Certification in ESE K-12
- Statement of Eligibility in either Pre-K/Primary (PK-3) or ESE K-12
- Prior teaching experience or related experience working with young children with special needs.
- $40,724.00 Annually
- 50 days PTO
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities