Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arc Broward
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team! Join a team that makes a difference. Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, caring individuals who wants to help others and have a positive impact on lives of people with developmental disabilities.
Arc Broward is currently looking to hire Full-Time Teacher Assistant to provide assistance and support to the classroom teacher in order to provide a stimulating, safe and healthy learning environment.
- Provide support to the teacher in order to enhance service provision.
- Implement teaching procedures and behavioral strategies.
- Carry out lesson plans and activities to ensure engagement in meaningful activities.
- Assist the classroom teacher in taking data on IEP goals and objectives as instructed.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and security SOP’s.
- Provide modeling, prompting reinforcing of desired skills and behaviors.
- Provided level of assistance needed for children to participate in activities and develop skills.
- Interact in a positive, warm and nurturing manner that builds trust, bonding and secure attachments using strategies based on each child’s response patterns through varying cues, gestures, prompts and reinforcers.
- Develop interaction styles that promote independence and the achievement of each child’s full potential.
- Provide basic care in all areas of hygiene to ensure that children are clean and healthy.
- Feed children in accordance with prescribed programs using prescribed feeding implements.
- Ensured that children served are free from abuse and neglect.
- Assist in the completion of all required documentation on a regular basis including but not limited to assessments, home notes, Health Alerts and Incident Reports.
- Participate in Agency trainings and keep mandated trainings current.
- Ensure compliance with all agency, regulatory, contractual and accreditation standard/requirements.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year work experience with special needs.
- Must complete child care licensing 45 hour training requirement within the first year of employment and the 5 hour Literacy training within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must pass physical and drug test.
- Must be able to complete 5 days of new hire orientation class.
- Position will demand frequent bending, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, lifting or carrying.
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities