Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arc Broward
This position is responsible for the provision of case management and instruction, primarily in the areas of employability, socialization and life skills, to youth with disabilities between the ages of 16-22 who are preparing for their transition from adolescence to adulthood. Specific responsibilities include:
- Teaching after-school classes in high schools for groups of 8 youth – create and implement lesson plans, community service learning, and family involvement events.
- Providing on-the-job coaching for 4 youth during the summer months - conducting task analysis and job carving, and providing internship/worksite supervision.
- Providing case management services - maintain a caseload of approximately 12 youth. Engage in coordination of services and linking youth and families to resources, establishing collaborative relationships with parents/caregivers that will educate students and their families about their rights and resources available in the community.
- Actively coordinating and participating in person-centered transition planning - conducting assessments to determine youth’s strengths, preferences, required services, developing individualized transition plans, and transporting students in agency vehicles for field trips.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Vocational Education (VE), Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year related experience with youth or individuals with disabilities.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license which does not have any excessive chargeable points.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must pass physical and drug test.
Work Schedule (30 hours per week):
Monday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
Wednesday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Thursday: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Friday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities.