Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineering Tech - Milling in Ave Maria, FL , at Arthrex
Manufacturing Engineering Tech - Milling
Arthrex Manufacturing Inc
Ave Maria FL
Arthrex is actively seeking Manufacturing Engineering Tech for the Milling Engineering department. The Manufacturing Engineering Tech will support the development, implementation and improvements of manufacturing processes to produce cost effective quality products. This position will be located in Ave Maria, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load part number, product structure and router steps in SAP or any equivalent ERP system.
- Understand correct revision levels of components to upper level and coordinate with planning regarding CR inventory and WIP run-out including effectivity dates.
- Handle multiple project management at a pre-determined lead-time and prioritize and respond to special assigned projects.
- Follow thru newly set-up projects to assure smooth production.
- Use CAD skills to make drawing revisions.
- Communicate with customer design engineers regarding prints/models, delivery dates, changes on drawings and parts and prototype requests with ME guidance.
- Coordinate with outside contractors and create necessary documents such as purchase requests and MOC (Management of Change) for procurement of new machines/ equipment required in better manufacturing of products with ME guidance.
- Assist in product tests when necessary.
- Operate and maintain 3D printing machine if assigned.
- Develop and write technical reports such as work instruction with guidance from ME.
- Use principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to solve technical problems.
- Assist with the design, develop, test and manufacture fixtures, gaging products, and other tools.
- Make sketches and rough layouts, record data, make computations, analyze results, and write reports.
- Prepare layouts and drawings of the assembly process and of parts to be manufactured.
- Estimates labor costs.
- Test and inspect equipment in manufacturing departments or work with engineers to eliminate production problems.
- Support ME in Development of equipment and processes in manufacturing departments for new or existing products.
- Generate or revise existing CNC machine programs to support new product MPI’s, CO’s to existing products and performance improvements to existing programs.
- Review project instructions and drawings to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, and equipment.
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal or other manufacturing equipment with guidance from ME.
- Setup and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyze test results in relation to specifications and test objectives and modify or adjust equipment to meet specifications upon ME approval.
- Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or processes for ME review and approval.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A two-year associate’s degree in engineering technology with emphasis on college courses in science, engineering and mathematics or equivalent experience is preferred.
Three or more years’ experience in Milling equipment required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Must have experience in computer skills: SAP or similar ERP system, Word, Excel, process improvement skills, basic costing skills.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
CNC Milling equipment
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 30 lbs on a regular basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.