Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Counsel - Insurance
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- US-FL-Lake Mary
In this position, you will work with a senior attorney, insurance brokers and business leaders to provide advise and counsel on insurance related exposures.
You will assist with all legal functions in connection with the claims against the agency, including investigating and responding to Department of Insurance inquiries, Subpoenas, Claims and Lawsuits. You will also handle drafting of disclosures and agreements necessary for our insurance operations and provide other assistance and counsel to insurance brokers and business leaders. The successful candidate will be client-focused, detail oriented, highly organized, flexible, responsive, and able to grasp and quickly solve issues as they arise.
- Draft and manage contracts for field offices, including NDA’s, Fee Agreements, Broker Agreements and other necessary disclosures and contracts
- Investigate and respond to Department of Insurance inquiries
- Investigate and response to Subpoenas and other requests for information
- Advise and counsel on Errors & Omissions claims and potential exposures, including conducting coverage reviews and analysis, negotiating settlements and hiring/managing outside counsel
- Coordinate with other departments on projects, as needed
- Juris Doctor with 3+ years of experience
- Must have experience working in-house for an insurance agency or company, or as an associate at an insurance defense firm
- Must have insurance knowledge; Experience at an insurance agency is a plus
- Experience drafting agreements
- Experience negotiating settlements
- Member in good standing of a state bar
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Flexible, business oriented, and able to respond to varying client requirements