Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Specialist
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- US-FL-Lake Mary
AssuredPartners is a leading insurance brokerage firm. AP is consistently ranked among the largest insurance brokers in the country. Since its founding, AssuredPartners has grown by acquiring and investing in more than 280 insurance brokerage businesses that have become a part of the AP family and driven AP’s growth. With more than 6,000 employees spread across the United States and a clear path for continued rapid growth, AP needs a skilled Senior Payroll Specialist to help fuel its continued success. This role will sit at our corporate headquarters in Lake Mary, Florida and report to the Payroll Manager.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for supporting the Payroll Regional processors to ensure timely and accurate payroll disbursement.
This include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Applies knowledge of company policies and practices to assist Payroll Regionals and Local Payroll contacts on various Payroll related functions
- Reviews Semi-Monthly audit reports to determine fluctuation of gross pay within a 15% threshold.
- Conducts monthly analysis of earnings and deduction code usage to determine any variances that may result in a payroll adjustment or correction.
- Performs quarterly payroll reconciliation for all Regions to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of tax filings.
- Performs year end audit of PTO balances and communicates to Regionals any recognized discrepancies.
- Review Employee Masterfile information for pre and post payroll transactions.
- Track/Communicate uncashed/stale dated check information to Payroll Regionals
- Calculate, Review, and post in Pending Pay any STD benefit payments for Regions.
- Communicate to Payroll Regionals any benefit updates and or Retroactive deductions needed in the subsequent payroll (File is received from Benefits Dept.)
- Enter involuntary deductions such as Levies and Garnishments into the Payroll system to ensure proper calculation and disbursement to agencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Degree in accounting from college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Strong attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; and Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.