Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SNC-Lavalin's Atkins business was ranked as the world's 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL Water Infrastructure Group as a CAD Designer – Water/Wastewater.
- Under supervision, provides competency in computer-assisted drafting to support the technical services of the company.
- Applies fundamentals of engineering design and production of drawings in support of water/wastewater engineering projects.
- Uses CAD system to enter the required data, such as precise measurements and commands, in order to generate designs, construction drawings, renderings, report graphics, interior drawings or other digital images.
- Develops, organizes and prepares a variety of highly complex layouts, drawings and designs from written or verbal specifications, or from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technical professionals, converting paper documents into computerized files.
- Develops and maintains standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project or to facilitate or improve CAD utilization. Develops, writes and distributes procedures to other CAD users inside and outside own department.
- Produces various design options on the screen or on hard copy. May include technical professionals' verbal instructions or ideas to assist in resolving a design concept not yet completely defined.
- Uses CAD to design, redesign, modify or otherwise edit existing design.
- Performs mathematical calculations necessary to complete simple and complex design tasks.
- Checks final design on screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Assist in troubleshooting various CAD production technologies, including hardware and software. Provides intermediate/advanced training to technical personnel, as well as those interested in acquiring skills and knowledge of various CAD production technologies.
- Selects and recommends procedures in design and prepares preliminary designs for approval by senior technical professional.
- Designs and lays out conceptual designs for proposals to be reviewed by senior technical professional for conformance with specifications and client requirements.
- Designs and lays out final system systems designs with specifications and client requirements.
- Prepares graphic presentations to support feasibility studies and proposals.
- May supply technical data for specifications and provide quantities and cost estimates.
- Maintains working knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and their application.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- College degree in related technical field. CAD training required. Generally requires minimum eight years of related experience in a combination of technician and/or CAD technician or designer positions. May also require experience in the particular discipline supported. Strong knowledge of sat and local codes and ordinances, design inputs codes and standards.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Candidate is required to have mechanical and detail piping experience in relation to WWTP.
- Strong math skill and computer user skills required.
- Expertise in Civil 3D and Microstation is a plus.
- Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs.
- Experience in water/wastewater facility design is desirable.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.