Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field System Vehicle Operator
Atkins DTS Business is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Data Transfer Solutions, LLC has an immediate opening for a Field System Vehicle Operator in Orlando, Florida . We are looking for highly motivated, genuinely excited and enthusiastic applicants who want to develop their skills and push technical limits.
The mobile asset collection vehicles are used to collect right of way imagery, pavement imagery, and ride quality readings. The data is used to provide the client with the most current asset inventory (signs, sidewalks, storm water, etc...), pavement condition, and ride quality of their road ways. Client's use this data to get federal funds to know what can be accomplished with their current budgets. The surveys are used to mitigate liability due to deteriorating infrastructure.
- Assist in driving and operating DTS' Mobile Asset Collection vehicle; overhead digitizing of features using GIS; and GIS data extraction to support asset management projects.
- This responsibility will require extensive travel for long periods of time including weekends.
- Essential job functions include: designing, analyzing, and maintaining GIS applications and databases; general mapping and digital data development; coordinating and performing research of City, county, and other sources of records for information to revise and update the GIS database.
- The employee is responsible for preparing technical reports and forms; training associated personnel in GIS system use, updates, and data-processing applications.
- Work is performed primarily independently, under the direction and guidance of a supervisor, with work products subject to regular review.
- May provide administrative support when necessary.
United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Florida-Miami