Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Highway Project Director
Atkins is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
- The primary duties of the Project Director is the involvement in strategic marketing/business development within the local government and municipal clients.
- Typical projects might include construction management engagements, program management of municipal infrastructure programs, significant design-build or design-build-operate-maintain undertakings, major and unique structures.
- Provides leadership, direction, and technical guidance to senior project managers and project managers within assigned area of responsibility to ensure that quality management and technical services are provided to clients and that operating performance targets are met.
- Mentors senior project managers and project managers associated with sophisticated and unconventional projects.
- Projects of this magnitude generally involve net revenues totaling between $2.5 million to $5 million annually and require specialized expertise.
- Assists project staff in developing work plans; reviews and approves schedules, budgets, project milestone dates, and work products.
- Oversees financial performance of projects; assists project staff in identifying potential problems to ensure remedial actions are promptly taken to avoid financial losses and client dissatisfaction.
- Assists assigned project staff in facilitating work sharing with other operating units.
- Secures resource support from other operating units.
- Actively pursues, investigates, and evaluates new or expanded opportunities for associated projects and services within the firm by maintaining contacts with current and prospective client decision makers; identifies and works toward the resolution of client relations problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience working with transportation design projects for the local government or municipal clients.
- Florida P.E. license or ability to acquire license in Florida is required.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, public speaking and persuasive ability.
- Very strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills.
- Possesses specific expertise to the extent that the individual is regarded as a regional or potentially national expert in a specific discipline, contract delivery method, particular type of project, planning process, design method, or modeling technique.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.