Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager, Airfield Lighting
at AVCON, Inc.
- # of Openings
The Airfield Lighting Project Manager manages full scope of work from preparation of proposal through construction. Duties include overseeing all technical aspects of Airfield Lighting projects, reviewing all documents for quality control and quality assurance, and coordinating junior engineers and sub-consultants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
- Responsible for design and management of airfield lighting projects including ensuring completeness and accuracy of design effort.
- Responsible for the various design elements to complete a project, system, component, or system with other team members with clear and specified objectives involving conventional types of plans, surveys, investigations, structures, and/or equipment.
- Prepares complete project documentation to include plans, specifications, and engineer estimates including the collection, assembling, and organizing of project data.
- Evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to project assignments; formulates and solves problems.
- Works on multiple projects of moderate to large size using time efficiently to stay within budget and timely delivery.
- Assist in the development of proposals including bid documents, project reports, studies, and other documentation.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments/projects.
- Coordinates technical and administrative activities with other internal departments and disciplines participating in the project.
- Ensures project engineering activities comply with firm and contract requirements and support overall project schedule, scope and budget.
- Interprets contract specifications and resolves conflicts with contractor on such matters as interpretation of specifications, workmanship, quality of materials, and related matters.
- Maintains list of project milestones and issues in-progress.
- Participates in client/contractor meetings, and resolves client, engineering and management project issues.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little or no advanced notice.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Civil, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 7+ years’ experience in project development and management of concurrent projects and submittal deadlines.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D, desired.
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow-up on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and protect privileged client information and documents appropriately.
- Knowledge of correct English usage including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Valid driver's license and maintained satisfactory record.
- Florida Professional Engineer licensure or ability to obtain Florida licensure within six (6) months of hire, desired.
There are supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Due to the collaborative nature of this position and accessibility for in-house client meetings, it is important that this position physically work in the office.
Work usually takes place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. Site visits may occasionally take place in an outdoor environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
TOOL/PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Management reserves the right to make adjustments and/or assign or reassign any portion of this job description at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
AVCON, INC. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AVCON complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment at every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
AVCON expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AVCON’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Founded in 1988, AVCON, INC. (AVCON) is a Florida-based, full-service engineering and planning firm specializing in transportation, facilities, development, and aviation projects. As a growing firm, AVCON continually looks for talented engineers in the civil, structural, electrical, and mechanical disciplines. AVCON has a staff of over 80 professionals and is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with regional offices in Niceville, Florida and Charlotte, North Carolina. AVCON has been ranked as one of Central Florida’s largest engineering firms by the Orlando Business Journal consecutively since 2007.
AVCON’s projects include facility master plans; pavement evaluation and design; power distribution, building lighting, and electrical systems design; security and low-voltage electrical design; airfield lighting and navigational aids evaluation and design; airport hangar and terminal developments; traffic assessments and roadway design; utility coordination and design; drainage and stormwater improvements; residential and commercial site planning and design; HVAC, pluming, and fire protection design; and structural inspections and design.
AVCON prides itself on partnering with clients, colleagues, and peers in Transforming Today’s Ideas into Tomorrow’s Reality.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AVCON does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AVCON will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AVCON explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AVCON.