Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Marketing Manager
at AVI-SPL, Inc.
• The Field Marketing Manager plans, executes, and measures a variety of innovative direct and demand generation marketing programs to identify qualified leads and grow sales pipeline for AVI-SPL offices and channel teams across the U.S. This role is paired with one or more direct sales teams to support the attainment of annual direct sales objectives.
• This role achieves success by collaborating with our centralized corporate marketing functions (e.g. demand center, campaigns team, brand communications, marketing operations) to create meaningful interactions with local buyers to inform and influence their buying decisions and broader relationship with the company.
• This role requires a highly self-motivated individual who is comfortable with demand creation, event marketing, measuring results, and making decisions to continually optimize approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage proactively with direct sales teams to understand sales goals, identify marketing and sales enablement requirements, and gather feedback on marketing activities
• Engage proactively with central marketing teams to review plans, share local requirements, and provide feedback on global/regional programs and assets
• Customize centrally created programs for local deployment; these include brand communications, public relations, and demand creation
• Develop annual plan and quarterly program plans to help deliver pipeline and revenue goals for paired direct sales teams
• Actively promote global brand through local channels, including news media, social media, local organizations, and local technology events to heighten brand awareness and manage reputation
• Evaluate, select and manage vendors that contribute to local demand marketing programs, including event venues and services, digital marketing agencies, advertising and content publishers, designers, copywriters, translators and data providers
• Manage local marketing budget
• Use buyer insights to segment and optimize target audiences; conduct local buyer journey mapping (as needed)
• Identify local lead routing and scoring requirements and changes
• Participate in quarterly business reviews with local sales manager and marketing lead development team to review lead quality, pipeline, and sales; recommend local marketing approaches to optimize results
• Tailor global and regional programs and assets; create or commission new market–specific programs to be activated in the market
• Research, choose, design and manage industry association memberships, regional trade shows, and live events to be included as tactics in the overall marketing mix, ensuring a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post-event strategy to increase engagement and response rates
• Work with central teams to develop sales enablement tools, programs in a box, training and content
• Communicate to and educate the sales team about new and planned marketing activities, including global, regional and local programs
Other duties assigned as needed
Skills and Abilities
• Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
• Excellent strategic thinking and structured problem-solving skills
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Must have clear and professional communication skills (written and oral) both internally and externally
• Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to juggle multiple projects successfully and prioritize tasks effectively
• Effective communication, collaboration and consensus-building skills – ability to work with cross-functional teams including sales leaders, operations, and the marketing team
• Demonstrated customer service focus and client communication skills
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or similar or related field preferred
• 3-5 years of B2B marketing experience, ideally working directly with sales teams in relevant markets
• Experience with Microsoft O365 tools, including Excel and Teams
• Familiarity with lead capture and tracking methods, including Salesforce
• Experience with email marketing and social media marketing
• Experience in an global and/or complex matrix business environment is desirable
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The work environment is generally moderate in noise (inter-office conversations and computers/printers).
The physical demands of this position are those that are necessary to meet the responsibilities and essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This position regularly requires employees to sit, walk, and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment
• This position does not have direct reports
AVI-SPL reserves the right to alter work hours and work location as deems necessary
AVI-SPL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law