Bankers Financial Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Lines Business Development Manager
at Bankers Financial Corporation
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 170149
The Commercial Business Development Manager's responsibility is to actively seek and secure opportunities to distribute commercial products through new distribution channels including leading Direct to Consumer initiatives and developing and maintaining affinity partnerships. This position is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the initiatives, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements and working closely with product, sales, marketing, underwriting and client services to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Works closely with commercial product management to develop products and services to support direct to consumer initiatives and affinity partnerships.
- Provides input into product filings as necessary to support product features or services specific to new distribution channel initiatives.
- Manages implementation and onboarding of each affinity partnership
- Develops effective training programs and educates all internal and external stakeholders on each partnership's product features, benefits and service expectations.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout partnerships, vendor management, promotional materials, and events.
- Works closely with Corporate Marketing and Sales to execute materials and sales campaigns to target prospective and existing customers.
- Adheres to the industry regulatory and compliance guidelines in all actions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time, weekdays. However, overtime and weekends are also necessary in some instances.
25% expected travel.
Required Education and Experience
Indicate required education, professional certification and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a minimum of three to five years of commercial insurance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General understanding and/or demonstrated ability to effectively manage all phases project implementation and client relationships.
- Aptitude and/or utilization of analytics and business intelligence of competitive products.
- Ability to train internal and external stakeholders on key product benefits and features.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, highly competitive environment.
- Strong presentation, organizational, interpersonal communication, and analytical skills required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of underwriting and product development of commercial property and casualty insurance products is a plus.
- Insurance designations such as AU, CPCU, etc.
- Sales experience of commercial insurance products also a plus.