Baptist Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Baptist Health Care
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- MENTAL HEALTH UNIT 2
- Location Name
- Baptist Hospital
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Patient/Nursing Support
- Position Type
- Evening Shift
The Psychiatric Technician I is a key player in the delivery of care based on the Recovery Model. As a direct care staff who spends the majority of his or her time interacting with, assessing, assisting, and supporting our patients, the Technician helps maintain the values within the community that are known to enhance recovery. Along with ensuring a safe environment for all, he or she develops with each individual a therapeutic relationship which is critical in the healing process. The Technician assists in the implementation of recovery plans. The incumbent is responsible for routine and assigned tasks and helping the nursing staff with patient care activities.
The person in this position works under general supervision, is responsible for various shifts, may be subject to over 40 hours per week and/or callback as required, and may also be required to remain on campus immediately before, during, and after severe weather and/or disasters.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree required
- One year experience in psychiatric care or healthcare related position OR currently enrolled in college level courses related to nursing, psychiatry or healthcare related field.
- BLS through American Heart Association
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) obtained during Orientation
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills orally and written