BASSETT FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, INCORPORATED
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Store Manager
at BASSETT FURNITURE INDUSTRIES, INCORPORATED
US-FL, Estero (Corp-51202)
Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for managing the daily operations and customer service of the Bassett Home Furnishings retail location, so that store financial objectives, are consistently achieved. The assistant store manager ensures adherence to the Bassett standard in the following areas: customer relations, administrative functions, operational processes, human resources and systems.
Direct reporting and supervision from the store manager.
With direction from the store manager; leads and manages the store's customer care specialists, housekeeping, porter and warehouse staff (where applicable).
- Driving increased efficiencies through the performance of the following:
- Competence and proficiency in all daily take of the computer care specialists and the management of weekly, monthly and quarterly goals as well as special projects;
- Conducting monthly one on one meetings with the customer care specialists in conjunction with the store manager;
- Management of the service process to ensure customer service orders are being processed according to established procedure;
- Management of the store's follow up on CWC (customer will call) coded sales;
- Knowledge and understanding in the fields of merchandising and marketing, specifically visual standards, tagging and rate of sale;
- Completion of all training and be knowledgeable of all company policies and procedures;
- Recruitment of administrative, porter and warehouse staff, which includes contacting potential candidates, interviewing, and selection in conjunction with store manager;
- Scheduling administrative staff to maximize effectiveness and efficiency in conjunction with the store manager;
- Leading administrative staff through and conducting new hire training programs, including E-Learning and in store situational training ensuring proficiency;
- Assisting the store manager with scheduling for design staff to optimize selling opportunities.
- Directing administrative functions, including management and maintenance of:
- Petty cash reconciliation and reimbursement and balancing of the cash drawer;
- Weekly accounts receivables and report to the store, district, regional ops and regional managers;
- Accounts payable submissions (expense reports and approvals) include all proper documentation and sent timely;
- Sales order entry auditing using daily transaction report to accuracy and proper documentation for all orders including makeovers;
- Audit and approve daily business folders and ensuring cash balancing to include all necessary supporting documentation is sent to the Retail Accounting Team including deposits, payments;
- Sales order follow up in conducted and communicated to customers on a weekly basis;
- Escalated customer service issues including conflict resolution for customers;
- Key store statistics tracking and reporting (sales, traffic, makeovers, etc.).
- Managing operational processes and practices, including:
- Store expense control, including invoice review and approval;
- Warehouse, service and delivery process and procedures;
- Inventory accuracy and integrity including transfers, monthly cycle counts and semi-annual physical inventory;
- Building maintenance, including systems (HVAC, doors, roof, power), parking lot, signs, lights, outdoor appearance of the store, computer equipment, lighting ordering and replacement, coordination of furniture repair, paint upkeep and interior flooring repair, etc. by knowing protocol (who to contact and how to handle billing for issues);
- Ensure all clearance is categorized in the system and priced correctly;
- Floor set guide and visual standards maintenance.
- Administering human resources-related functions for administrative, porter and warehouse staff, including:
- Application and personnel records management;
- Interviewing and job offer in conjunction with the store manager;
- Company compensation plans, payroll administration and associate benefits;
- Competence and proficiency in editing and approving payroll using KRONOS;
- Associate relations and conflict resolution in conjunction with the store manager;
- Counseling and corrective action in conjunction with the store manager;
- Assisting store manager with onboarding of new design staff as well as ongoing team development and retention;
- Safety and workers' compensation.
- Establishing relationships and open communication with human resources, distributions centers, EDI coordinators, visual team, corporate customer care, accounting, etc.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining customer relationships, utilizing effective problem-solving techniques.
- Perform other operational duties as assigned.
- Maintain satisfactory time and attendance.
- Minimum three years of retail experience;
- Team Management, leadership and motivational skills;
- Conflict and problem resolution skills;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Commitment to Bassett's Vision and Values at all times;
- Valid driver's license and a maintained clear and safe driving record;
- Merchandising knowledge;
- Experience in Windows-based software;
- Business administration degree preferred;
- Ability to:
- Lead and manage a team;
- Work in an organized and safety conscious manner;
- Work as a team with an enthusiastic attitude;
- Effectively communicate with customer, co-workers, and management;
- Read, understand and write the English language;
- Assist objectively with problems involving various customer service situations;
- Utilize Windows-based software, including Word and Excel;
- Navigate and utilize applicable Bassett systems, such as STORIS, Bnet, JD Edwards, Kronos, etc.;
- Occasionally lift and/or pull up to 25 pounds;
- Discern and coordinate colors;
- Occasionally bend or reach overhead;
- Walk, stand, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, use and/or control tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear, see up close, in color, depth and distance vision, as well as the ability to focus.
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.