BDO Canada LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Co-Op Student/Intern, Assurance and Accounting - May 2018
at BDO Canada LLP
- Job ID
- # Positions
- App. Deadline
- Job Type (EN)
- Job Industry
- Accounting and Auditing Services
Jump-start your career with BDO!
At BDO, we focus on choosing the right people for the right projects, whether working with our clients or with colleagues. We invest in the best and brightest people who value honesty and trust, have an inspiring track record of achievement in and outside of their work, and are committed to working as a team to deliver exceptional client service.
Duration: May - September 2018
Interested in becoming an accounting professional?
We want you to become a great accountant, auditor and business advisor. For you to achieve that, we believe in helping you find the right environment, and providing the mentorship and experience you need to decide which direction your professional career will go. As a student in BDO’s Assurance and Accounting group, you will have the opportunity to:
- Use the technical knowledge you have acquired through your accounting and tax courses, you will carry out work projects and assignments under the direct supervision of a manager or another experienced team member.
- Prepare and complete working papers, financial statements, notice to reader or review engagements and/or tax returns according to Firm and regulatory standards for our clients.
- Gather audit evidence for Assurance & Accounting engagements.
- Build effective working relationships with client contacts, providing responses to client requests and suggestions related to the client engagement.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Working towards undergraduate degree/diploma with a focus in accounting
- A desire to provide outstanding client service and a commitment to teamwork
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The perfect combination of size and personal attention.
With more than 3,000 professionals in Canada, and more than 60,000 around the world, BDO is among a small group of accounting and advisory networks able to compete on the national and global stages. For all our professionals, we provide personalized attention, guidance, and an extraordinary level of support. We are committed to providing intern and co-op students with opportunities to gain practical experience to start building a solid technical foundation in the discipline of their choosing.
Life at BDO
All students joining BDO will have the opportunity to work in a learning culture, in an environment that is continually teaching through practical experience and technical training. We provide our people with unique opportunities that are only available through our team size and the type of work we do. These include:
- Shorter file cycles: Experiencing each step in the accounting process, beginning-to-end, rather than concentrating on one area of a file.
- Meaningful relationships: Participating in smaller engagement teams that provide incredible learning and team building opportunities.
- Variety of industries: Gaining a range of experience by working in a variety of different industries before deciding on an area of specialization.
BDO proudly represents and supports our communities with charitable activities, volunteerism and donations. We also grant our employees one community day per year to participate in an organization of their choosing.
How to Apply:
We require all students to apply online. The application will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
You are required to submit your cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts in ONE FILE by October 2, 2017 at 4:30 PM CT.