Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Internal Auditor
at Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
Responsible for conducting audits for various risk activities in various organizational and functional areas to assess effectiveness of controls, efficiency of internal operations and compliance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as management instructions, and applicable procedures. Clearly document audit processes and procedures to adequately support audit conclusions. Prepare draft audit results reports/deliverables summarizing observations, and recommendations for improvements. Conduct operational audit site visits. Assist with the documentation and assessment of our internal controls for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. This position also plays a supporting role in assisting our external auditing firm during annual audits.
- Assist in the design and execution of operational audit programs in the U.S. and Brazil
- Perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting procedures in accordance with department policies and internal audit professional standards.
- Validate exceptions including quantifying risks, investigating root causes, and working with process owners to develop cost effective process improvements and help foster a positive control conscious environment.
- Conduct operational audit site visits.
- Prepare first draft of audit report/deliverables.
- Evaluate and assess design and effectiveness of significant corporate initiatives, processes, operations, including information technology implementations and control processes to ensure appropriate internal controls have been considered.
- Perform documentation relating to Sarbanes-Oxley 404 (SOX) requirements in the U.S. and Brazil
- Investigate whistle-blower allegations or potential ethics violations.
- Coordinate projects and interactions with external audit firm.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting and auditing practices as well as industry trends.
- Operate in a professional manner and promote world-class quality standards.
- Bachelor’s degree, with major in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required
- CPA required
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) / Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or other relevant certification are preferred
- 3-5 years of external or internal audit experience, preferably Big 4 experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High-level analytical skills with exceptional follow-up and sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Proficient in MS-Office Suite, PowerPoint and experience with ACL is preferred
- Experience working with ERP software; particularly SAP is preferred
- A current understanding of auditing standards, COSO, and accounting standards
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to travel